SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  My old Kevin Staab complete...
Page 1 of 1    

My old Kevin Staab complete...

theGlanfather
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Hi folks,

I'd appreciate your opinion on my old Kevin Staab complete.

Skating was a big part of my teen years, and my ultimate goal would be to get a black dip Mark Gonzales, as that's the board I have the most memories of riding. Sadly, it was run over by some laughing jerk in his dad's Mustang.

Anyway, I bought this deck afterwards, but was nearing the end of my skating days. So, it's in fairly good condition. Not sure if this adds any value, but he signed it while visiting a local shop here in Vancouver.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YRLVNJvjBnkRamNB9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/omtkYFD1astum8wM7

Last edited by theGlanfather on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote
You need to post pics as your links require a password/google acct.
theGlanfather
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Dutch wrote:
You need to post pics as your links require a password/google acct.

Thanks for the heads-up, Dutch. I haven't had to navigate a forum with this kind of architecture for a while. Not sure how to add the pics directly to the post, but I've tried a different kind of link to see if that works.
jaamzw
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Old*skaterdude
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful deck .... Are you looking to sale or trade for a Gonz ?
theGlanfather
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
jaamzw: Thank you for reposting the original pics! Appreciate that.

Old*skaterdude: Thanks for the comments. As for my intentions... the odds of me finding an original black-dip Gonz in reasonably good condition are obviously pretty slim. Even slimmer that s/he will want to trade for this particular deck. So, I'm looking for a re-issue as a stand-in. For me, it's more about having the visual reminder of the good ol' days to put up on the wall with the signed Tony Hawk poster.

The Kevin Staab deck doesn't have as much sentimental value for me, so I might sell it if someone really wanted it, and offered a fair price. Though, I have no idea what that would be... which is the reason I posted it here. I'm kind of proud of the custom grip-tape design, though. That would be the only reason I'd hold onto it.
Old*skaterdude
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:52 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty much a Staab fan , so I watch a lot of eBay decks of his . And his decks go up and down and value a lot. You could post this deck on eBay and tomorrow it would go for $500 or could go to $1, 200. Depending on how bad people are willing to fight over it. Being that the graphics are in great shape it appears and it's also signed. I will put a good value on this one around $800.
theGlanfather
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:22 am Reply with quote
Thank you for the experienced feedback on this. I completely understand your point that the value of the deck depends on who is in the market for this at the moment you list it for sale. But it's interesting to know that the theoretical "good value" price is so high. I had no idea. That definitely puts my comic book and hockey card collection in the shade.

I'm hoping to get the reproduction Mark Gonzales deck in a couple of months, when Vision prints the black colorway again. At that point, I'll make a decision on whether to keep or sell the Staab deck. I have the least attachment to it, but it's also the only unbroken deck in my collection that I actually rode back in the day. So, it might feel a little strange letting it go.

Regardless, I appreciate the advice. Cheers.
x1124x
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Aug 2003 Posts: 1467 Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Is that grip tape or stuff you put on your bathtub floor?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
theGlanfather
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
x1124x wrote:
Is that grip tape or stuff you put on your bathtub floor?

Hahaha... it's coloured grip tape. I used to cut it into patterns using sheet metal shears. Took a while, but it was fun. And nobody was gonna confuse my board with someone else's.

Page 1 of 1