SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  greathilllongboards - Great service!
Page 1 of 1    

greathilllongboards - Great service!

alvadude7
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:54 am Reply with quote
Thought I'd pass on the name of a small skate company that takes time to help peeps like me who are setting up their first longboard.
Doug of http://www.greathilllongboards.com is super helpful. I already had a deck but he hooked me up with some Randals and Abec Flashbacks. Took time to explain my options(duros and such). Prices are competitive and what was cool is he threw in an extra set of bushings(may not always do this but he said he had extras) and stickers to boot.
I paid no more than what I'd have paid at Skateamerica and as a Canadian don't have to deal with UPS broker's fees because he shipped by USPS. Ultimately saved big!
Responds to emails quickly(same day) and friendly dude.
He's got some interesting goods on his site. Has kits to make your own longboards and has ready to rip decks too.
It was great dealin' with Doug. A cool example of the benefits of dealing with the smaller co's. Stoked!

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-04 21:37 ]
Brad@noreaster
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Yo Alva,
So you had some dealings with Doug K hey?
Doug is truly someone who makes the sport look good. We've spent some time skating at Rye Airfield, checked out each other's shops, and passed a few ideas back and forth. He is a stand up guy who takes pride in everything he does. I look forward to his future creations...he's got this amazing ability to make polyurethane paint come out like glass on his boards. A master at his craft.
alvadude7
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:45 am Reply with quote
Definitely Brad. I was impressed with the thoroughness of service he provides given I spent only $65. Didn't have to wait days for a response. Shipped fast. His longboards look real sweet - wondering if the glassy effect you're referring to is the technique employed on them. Prices are really good -$60 a deck and a complete is a great deal too.Probably should have gotten a complete because I bought the Randal 180's and Flashbacks that he includes on completes, but I have 5 longboard decks from BDS already, one of which I'm planning to set up. I may take the plunge and get one from Doug. I've already asked him if he can do a purple fade deck like the blue fade on his site.
I posted because I always appreciate great service and wanted forum bros to know they'll get more than a fair shake with Doug. It was one of these situations where you stop and think this guy knows how to treat people whether it's a large or small purchase. I never forget it when peeps are good to me. I'll do my best to do more biz with him and send my skate buds his way should they need anything.
Cool to hear you concur bout the type of guy he is. Take care bro.

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-03 06:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-03 07:01 ]
Doug K
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quote
Hello and thanks for the kind words!
I am in the process of updating my web page, so pardon the less than excellent pictures. Brad - thanks for the compliments and right back at you with those Fantails!
Tony - let me know how I can help you in the future. Remember - I can get more than is shown on my page. I am small and don't keep a large stock. - just email and ask.

Doug K
bentaxle
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:37 am Reply with quote
canadian longboarders check out http://www.skullskates.com.....our shop is fully stocked and staffed by longboarders and we ship same or next day...we are located in vancouver
bentaxle
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:38 am Reply with quote
thats http://www.skullskates.com
Brad@noreaster
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Doug's coming up with a new deck....it's scary...can't wait to see the finished product....
Brad@noreaster
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Alva...didn't see your post...yeah he has this way with poly that I can't figure...the guy's an ar-tiste with coatings and laminates, as he used to build boats I guess... the glass look is just what he likes to do. I've seen it on some of his decks..it's amazing...I assume it would be on his future decks, But I can't speak for what he plans to do. It's got to be a time consuming process....
alvadude7
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:16 pm Reply with quote
@bentaxle and peeps that haven't yet hooked up with skullskates,
Sorry, I didn't intend to have people not support their local skate shop by my thread title because Skullskates is where I ALWAYS go first unless I can't find a brand I want there.
In fact, I made mention of the great swag Skull Skates carry just a week or so ago under a longboard thread at BDS website. Someone was looking for longboards and I plugged you guys as having good peeps, good wood and great graphics.

SS is completely dedicated to skaters and oldschool reigns supreme there like no other skate shop I've seen in Canada.
I bought the Abecs from Doug because SS doesn't carry Abec stores in Van that do have not had stock for several months nor the duro I'm looking for.
I really just meant to send well deserved props to Doug for being a good guy.

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-04 21:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-04 21:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-04 21:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: alvadude7 on 2004-02-05 07:14 ]

Page 1 of 1