SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Gonz Skull n Banana
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Gonz Skull n Banana

eric102673
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
Gonz Skull & Banana OG.

It's not totally beat, but it's not in great shape either. It's actually been barely ridden, but the guy I snagged this from must have had it out in the sun for a bit or something.

Been using this as a very occasional cruiser for a bit now. Mostly to get to and from the shop up the street. It's got an pair of old Indy Vs on there (that I spray painted at one point), and a very fresh pair of OG Bullet 66s.

I've got so many big boat size cruisers now, I need to slim the collection down. No idea how to price this one. It's actually barely ridden. I'm taking wood, not graphics, and by my standards> I rider em tell the note and tail are too short to ollie or they crumble , and yet... pics tell the tale.

[/url]
EastCoastBP
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Damn- that looks like a fun rider! No idea on price, but might be nice to see some shots under the trucks, figure most would want this to hang not skate
eric102673
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:41 am Reply with quote
I can pop the trucks off an take a couple snaps. That's no problem.
eric102673
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote

Just trying to get a sense of a fair value, so I can sell it on to someone that'll get more out of it. Whether on wheels or just on their wall or whatever.

I'm so out of the loop on used 90s gear.
Thanks all!
sonicdan
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
considering the rarity of the board, combined with its historic importance, I'd say some folks on ebay would still pay a couple of hundreds...

EastCoastBP
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
Looks pretty clean under the trucks, normal fading but if you cleaned it up it would probably even out a bit. I would think you would have several offers in your inbox...
eric102673
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Funnily enough, a few people are reaching out with interest in buying, but no offers.

We all know the drill. Everyone wants to buy for as little as possible. Most folks want to sell for as much as possible. Me, I just wanted to be right in the middle somewhere. Hook somebody up and not turn around to find it flipped on feebay next week for 2xs what I get offered here.

Truth is, until a few folks step up with some responses on the price end of things, I genuinely don't even know what's what. It's why I started this thread, rather than jumping right into the FS section with a price, or tossing the thing on FeeBay and letting everyone duke it out.

I'll be honest, I was thinking it might be a ballpark of $400-500, but these come up so rarely, I've hesitated to put that out there. On one hand, I might be crazy. On the other, I might be low.

Saw one of the Lee Grinch boards sell a while back in similar shape (had rails on it though) for just under $1K. That seemed pretty nutty to me. And I see the Lee boards more often than the Gonz. Maybe that's just me. Everything I see seems like an apples oranges, or even an outlier, and hard to get solid info. I see stuff that looks too cheap to me, and stuff that looks too high all the time. So is it just me, or are prices on the harder to find decks all over the map?

FWIW, if Sonic Dan's dead on in his estimate, I'd rather just keep it than off it for a couple hundred bucks, if that's where the market for it really is. And I'm not really looking for trade this time out either. I know that cuts interest for some.

I've been renovating the basement for family fun, and trying to throw a little extra money into the bills from that, so even though there are a few decks that'd definitely tempt me... Gotta stick to the plan and play responsible adult. At least this time.

Anyhow, I was gonna give it a couple more days and see if any non-buyers wanna toss their thoughts on value in this thread before I give up list it for sale. If someone wants to throw a price at me and it strikes me as reasonable, I'll prolly take it and hook them up. If the thread just stagnates, I'll give up and FeeBay the shit.

I've wondered why so many boardies go straight to eBay with their decks lately. Probably to just keep things simple, and eek out that top dollar, I suppose.
EastCoastBP
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:42 am Reply with quote
I would guess that you could get $400 to $600 for the deck, it is one of those that doesn't come up often so historical pricing is tough. If you have the right buyer it could go significantly higher- timing is everything. I had a situation like this when I sold my old Hartsel Tree- couldn't give it away in $500 range, three months later people were paying 2-3x the amount for the deck, just bad timing. This is one of those decks IMHO.
oneendone
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote

Wanted: Nos white dip Santa Cruz Special Edition Mechanical Fish
GATOR_ART
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 am Reply with quote
450 /550

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next