SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Why have skateboards stayed the same price?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Why have skateboards stayed the same price?

bltvah
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 08 Jul 2014 Posts: 1071 Location: Gatineau, Quebec Canada
slob-air wrote:
Wheels went up slightly due to manufacturing and new processes costing more. The cheaper ones are still on the market as well so there is simplya wider cost spread.

The story basically said skaters are cheap motherfuckers.

I think Powell was pretty much the first to raise prices - then everyone just sort of followed suit. Can't blame them, people are in business to make money, not break even.

US manufacturing costs are only 5% higher than China, and depending on the industry, some are even predicted to be 2-3% cheaper today.

Blue TG Dagger with Wheel Wells
Any colour:
Neptune Shark Tail
Grosso AiW
Lucero Creature X1
Salba Witch Doctor
MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:40 am Reply with quote
slavadov wrote:
GETOCAT wrote:
Some of these kids I see are mad good as far as technique and skills,but can at times be a little thin on the history and soul aspects of skateboarding...

But hey,when I was 10 and started trying to shred it up,I didn't know Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta were skate legends. I thought they just,you know,owned the company and shit.

It's kinda refreshing, knowing that skaters today are still not giving a fuck, living purely for the moment, and that their lives revolve around nothing but skateboarding. We sit online arguing over the best griptape, mounting hardware, or speedrings, but at the end of the day, that shit doesn't matter...and these kids are absolute proof of it.

Hey, now. Speed rings f'n matter, holmes. You don't really wanna get me started on spacers, do you...?
slavadov
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:53 am Reply with quote
MrCokesNSmokes wrote:
slavadov wrote:
GETOCAT wrote:
Some of these kids I see are mad good as far as technique and skills,but can at times be a little thin on the history and soul aspects of skateboarding...

But hey,when I was 10 and started trying to shred it up,I didn't know Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta were skate legends. I thought they just,you know,owned the company and shit.

It's kinda refreshing, knowing that skaters today are still not giving a fuck, living purely for the moment, and that their lives revolve around nothing but skateboarding. We sit online arguing over the best griptape, mounting hardware, or speedrings, but at the end of the day, that shit doesn't matter...and these kids are absolute proof of it.

Hey, now. Speed rings f'n matter, holmes. You don't really wanna get me started on spacers, do you...?

But is one brand of speedring really better than another? To add to the minutiae, do we really need precision griptape or brand-name hardware?

GETOCAT
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I
just THRASH

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2