SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  New Powell catalog with new VCJ graphics
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Powell catalog with new VCJ graphics

Sticks
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
Ratboy wrote:
Enough with the skulls powell , there are so many unreal artists out there do great things and you offer up the same old same old.

No way dude, they're keeping it fresh, hella! The Ripper is now:

* Popping out of a garbage can (surprise!)
* Smoking a pipe while chomping Powell short ribs (?) which he keeps in his hinged cranium-slash-stash box.
* Being Japanese (samurai, sword choppy guy, kamikaze pilot)
* Being a colorful frog
* Being some sort of puppetmaster pulling the strings on tiny version of himself who is giving us "the finger".

The Cab motorcycle thing is cool. The overhead view of him on a bike.
eddies
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Rad to see Brad McClain get a deck with graphics

Jedi_deangelis
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 am Reply with quote
I think it's rad that they're building an awesome team of pros and they're all getting the VCJ treatment. I compare these graphics to the classics and they don't quite add up but they're still better than most of the stuff out there.

I don't think you can say "enough with the skulls". That's their thing. That's like telling Girl "enough with the bathroom door logo".
obi
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Jedi_deangelis wrote:
I think it's rad that they're building an awesome team of pros and they're all getting the VCJ treatment. I compare these graphics to the classics and they don't quite add up but they're still better than most of the stuff out there.

I don't think you can say "enough with the skulls". That's their thing. That's like telling Girl "enough with the bathroom door logo".

Agreed. But I don't think the VCJ graphics with PP are half as strong as what he was doing with Pocket Pistols ten years ago.

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:15 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Lol at reissuing the saiz
Jedi_deangelis
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm Reply with quote
clearfilms wrote:

Yeah I thought the same thing. They used to be a dime a dozen on eBay. I wish they'd do the Frazier yellow man, Senn cop, McNatt Schiffer, and Barbee in Rasta colours.

If I ran the zoo, I'd do the Mountain street crest, Mullen in purple, Guerrero pointed nose on silver, another McGill bottle nose, Cab biker dragon on original shape and scaled graphic, and Hawk street graphic blown up to full size.
obi
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Jedi_deangelis wrote:
clearfilms wrote:

Yeah I thought the same thing. They used to be a dime a dozen on eBay. I wish they'd do the Frazier yellow man, Senn cop, McNatt Schiffer, and Barbee in Rasta colours.

If I ran the zoo, I'd do the Mountain street crest, Mullen in purple, Guerrero pointed nose on silver, another McGill bottle nose, Cab biker dragon on original shape and scaled graphic, and Hawk street graphic blown up to full size.

I'd like to have a crack at making a functional old guy vert shape with the flight construction. That stuff rules it as far as I'm concerned. Currently having to modify the 9" Popsicle wheelbase but would like to have a squarish nose and tail and stretch it out a little more.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2