SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Blind Gonz Skull/Banana reissue question
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Blind Gonz Skull/Banana reissue question

swelbow
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:11 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
c_wester wrote:

I know I would buy Decks like a Tard
Also where is the correct reissues of the Independent Stage 5 Trucks??
In all the Colors!

And Thunder x-wings!

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Good to know that they nailed the shape and dim's.

Here's a side shot of the concave - if you can see it's a directional, and the depth of it is not too bad, actually similar to two Creature decks I have from Watson. The nose and tail are definitely more mellow than all of the modern boards I have though.

[/img]
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
c_wester wrote:
The magic with "my" deck era 1988-1991 was the hig quality from World IND...

you're kidding, right?

the WI decks from BITD were like balsa wood. you dont remember the fad of focussing WI decks back then? that was because they were really appalling wood quality early on.

i remember riding a lee cat in the hat BITD (when i was a 55kg grom), and cracking it on my mini doing a frontside to disaster. i went straight back to Schmitt / New Deal after that disappointment.

WI has awesome graphics and shapes and a vibe that captured a new time in skateboarding... but the quality of their early wood was appalling. (yes, it did improve later on)

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
They got a lot better by the start of Blind.

The very first SMA/Rocco Div stuff was weak.
gilesyboy
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quote
When I was 12 I saved all my money for a barnyard vallely.. I got the train 30 miles to go get it. Went to the skate Mecca of the North of England, Split in Manchester and they were sold out. Next went to US American Sports which was a crappy shop in Manchester town centre. The guy happened to have one in the back I bought it all excited. Got it home and set it up and for the first month I just could not get my head round why my skating was regressing on this board. Realised that the front and back truck holes were not aligned. It had been drilled wrong. The wood also had no pop. I had to skate that piece of crap for nearly a year till I had the chance to get a new deck. Next board was a Black Label Schroeder. Brilliant board, still buy the Label now and they have never let me down.

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
big.kahuna.burger wrote:
c_wester wrote:
The magic with "my" deck era 1988-1991 was the hig quality from World IND...

you're kidding, right?

the WI decks from BITD were like balsa wood. you dont remember the fad of focussing WI decks back then? that was because they were really appalling wood quality early on.

i remember riding a lee cat in the hat BITD (when i was a 55kg grom), and cracking it on my mini doing a frontside to disaster. i went straight back to Schmitt / New Deal after that disappointment.

WI has awesome graphics and shapes and a vibe that captured a new time in skateboarding... but the quality of their early wood was appalling. (yes, it did improve later on)

Nope, but i probably was lucky with mine.
I had the Vallely snake and that deck were a milestone in improvements over the Powells and Santa Cruz decks I and my friends had.

The snake deck was lighter smoother and my skating just leaped forward on that deck.

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3