SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Where did everyone go?
Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Where did everyone go?

slob-air
Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
charlieee wrote:
Where have a lot of people's avatars gone?.......

Photobucket stopped serving images. They want like $80 a month from you the user for them to serve images again.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote
aciddrop wrote:
unless you are an arrogant asshole that doesn't want to read everyone's comments and only wants to put in your own 2-cents.

That's who Facebook is for, no? Well maybe not all arrogant, but certainly self-absorbed!

I'm sad that lots of once great forums are slowing down tons due to facebook. Seems hardly anyone uses a computer anymore either. It's all mobile devices. We, my friends, are the past. get used to it.
canadian_dream
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
charlieee wrote:
Where have a lot of people's avatars gone?.......

Photobucket stopped serving images. They want like $80 a month from you the user for them to serve images again.

First giving it for free, getting you hooked. Damn smart, those f*ckkers.
slavadov
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I'll be honest and say that I drifted away from here over the years for reasons that I'll keep to myself, and I was stunned to see how much it slowed down during that time! Photobucket has been shitting the bed for the past 4-5 years anyway, but the part where they began charging some obscene amount per year was the cherry on top of the shit sundae. Unfortunately, the ubiquity of Photobucket means that privatizing their hosted photos fucked a lot of forums squarely in the ass...adding insult to the injury of already-faltering forums.

Being that I haven't been on Facebook in ages, I haven't been able to keep up with how things are...But, if memory serves, there's no good way to collect and assemble data. Has that changed at all, or is it still just a linear discussion type thing?

slob-air
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Same old kookbook bullshit.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
SnB is still first thing I browse when I arrive at work while having a little breakfast during reading.
The reads were a lot longer in the past, 1 day off were usually like 3 pages of unread threads.
I don´t have Facebook or any other social media and prefer our classic forum for the community spirit.
My impression was that with the rise of FB and the passing of HotRod who kept lots of threads moving here, SnB slowed down noticably.
I wish there were more people writing here but my impression was that there were more threads and visits in the last weeks and hopefully this trend will continue.
As for Photobucket, I hope no one buys there shit and they are giving free hotlinking again, until then it´s copying and pasting the links in another window.
slavadov
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
smokie wrote:
SnB is still first thing I browse when I arrive at work while having a little breakfast during reading.
The reads were a lot longer in the past, 1 day off were usually like 3 pages of unread threads.
I don´t have Facebook or any other social media and prefer our classic forum for the community spirit.
My impression was that with the rise of FB and the passing of HotRod who kept lots of threads moving here, SnB slowed down noticably.
I wish there were more people writing here but my impression was that there were more threads and visits in the last weeks and hopefully this trend will continue.
As for Photobucket, I hope no one buys there shit and they are giving free hotlinking again, until then it´s copying and pasting the links in another window.

Wait, HotRod, the guy from...was it Ireland or Scotland?

Colin05
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
Yeah, that Hotrod. Frazer Kirkwood RIP

slavadov
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Colin05 wrote:
Yeah, that Hotrod. Frazer Kirkwood RIP

Aw, I missed that His posts were always worth a laugh!

craigs
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:07 am Reply with quote
I miss being here and I miss what it was too.

I miss all of my disposable income too.

I think I stopped being online a lot and spent more time actually skating, and I stopped collecting.

And seriously, how does one post pics now?

Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next