SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  SMA Rocco Division Think Crime Mini
Page 1 of 1    

SMA Rocco Division Think Crime Mini

gilesyboy
Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
[img]
[/img]

Quite an odd one this. I bought it off a guy who seemed to know nothing about skateboarding but had somehow received this 25 years ago, had it in his attic and then found it again and put it on ebay.

The weird thing is when I asked him how he came about it this is his exact reply emailed back to me.

"The deck was given to me by my cousin in California as a present many years ago. His friend who he worked with gave it to him for me. His friend was called Rudy Gonzales. His friends brother rode it once at a promo before it was released. He was top skater in the 80 s his name is Mark Gonzales. "

Now I do not know the truth of this. I know the guy knew nothing about skating. He called it 'Ticket Skateboard deck from the 1980's' I had to tell him the decks name and a bit about Rocco and the graphic. I also filled him in on who the gonz is.

It could be possible that this did come via Gonz.
The deck was released whilst Mark was still on Vision but he was mates with Rocco and it was the norm for skaters to turn up to promo's with mates who they skated with. The sponsorship legalities were non existent in the 80's and 90's. Nowadays a skater would be sued probably by their sponsor for skating another sponsors deck or turning up at another manufacturers demo. I imagine if Mark skated it, it would have more signs of use. It has a little tail scratch but it doesn't look like it was ever gripped. My hunch is it was left over from a promo and Mark gave it to his brother to sell or give away. It does look like an early production run, as you can see they are having trouble screening the tail. Which makes it very unique. It probably would not have gone out to the shops with that screening. More likely it would have been handed over to an industry insider to flog or skate.

I tried to google to see if Mark has a brother called Rudy. No luck there but I imagine one of you will know.

Nonetheless, regardless of its weird history. Its a cool board which is hard to price. I think someone tried to price one on here 10 or so years ago and it caused debate then.
I like it a lot but it does not fit with my collection of visions. Would look to trade/sell on here, so really need to know trade value.

More photos available at http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/gil...o%20Think%20Crime

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote
pm'd you

Page 1 of 1