SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Info on Skateboard Values...
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Info on Skateboard Values...

CuseFan559
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Is there any kind of a price guide for vintage skateboard items? Like they have for automobiles, sports cards, musical instruments etc. The AOS website doesn't have current values. eBay doesn't cover all the different items that are available. The "Value" section on SnB doesn't cover everything. There has to be some kind of established value as a starting point. It's easy when a seller lists an asking price but most of the time it's a "Make An Offer" sale which isn't very helpful when you have no idea what an item is worth. I just can't pick a number out of the air. An established value helps keep the seller and buyer from being cheated on a transaction. Not sure why this information is so secretive. It would really help all of us to know the next time you come across an item you would like to make an offer on. Where do you guys find out the value of something you would like to purchase? Thanks

Monkey666
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Sorry that there is no set price guide to skateboards. Ebay history and just looking at for sale threads are where your gong to find a range. Ebay watch on skate and annoy will give you some tracking.
Titletownjeff
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I don't think there is a resource on the planet more accurate and insightful than asking for advice right here.

Providing high quality photographs and details, should bring out some of the best opinions of value available.
CuseFan559
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Monkey666 wrote:
Sorry that there is no set price guide to skateboards. Ebay history and just looking at for sale threads are where your gong to find a range. Ebay watch on skate and annoy will give you some tracking.

Thank you I will try that.

CuseFan559
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Titletownjeff wrote:
I don't think there is a resource on the planet more accurate and insightful than asking for advice right here.

Providing high quality photographs and details, should bring out some of the best opinions of value available.

Thanks, I did try to get a value on a particular deck but I was told that is private. I don't believe everyone shares the same philosophy.

chall5
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
there is ebaywatch but throw it on eBay starting at 1 cent with no reserve and it'll find its level
sonicdan
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:41 am Reply with quote
CuseFan559 wrote:
Like they have for automobiles, sports cards, musical instruments etc.

there's never been, among skateboard collectors, a real urge for such a guide - I'd say just BECAUSE they don't want to be associated with 'those' collectors.
at least not until now…

apart from the fact few people are willing to invest time & money into such a venture, I think publishing such a guide would draw several consequences - starting by the fact it'd have an influence on the 'values' and ending by the fact it'd draw some more brokers…

as it's been said before - do your research, ask on here, ask some fellow collectors and you'll be fine.

machina
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:20 am Reply with quote
Price guides are pointless.
When a buyer and seller reach an agreement, that's the value at that time for that item. Next week could be totally different.
Obed
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
Do some work instead of asking to be handed everything. That's what my Ole Gran Pappy'd say...

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:15 pm Reply with quote
sonicdan wrote:
CuseFan559 wrote:
Like they have for automobiles, sports cards, musical instruments etc.

there's never been, among skateboard collectors, a real urge for such a guide - I'd say just BECAUSE they don't want to be associated with 'those' collectors.
at least not until now…

apart from the fact few people are willing to invest time & money into such a venture, I think publishing such a guide would draw several consequences - starting by the fact it'd have an influence on the 'values' and ending by the fact it'd draw some more brokers…

as it's been said before - do your research, ask on here, ask some fellow collectors and you'll be fine.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next