SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Help for getting my daughter her first board
Page 1 of 1    

Help for getting my daughter her first board

RegRus85
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:09 am Reply with quote
Hey guys, not sure if there is a better section for this or not, it's my first post, sorry in advance if this isn't the correct place. Anyways, I used to do a bit of street skating in high school and college and after my 8 year old found my old board she has been begging me to teach her to ride. I've been working with her on pushing and transitioning into a ride and some basic tic tac stuff and she's progressing really well. Now she wants a board for Christmas and since she just likes to ride and shows no interest in doing trick I was thinking of getting her a cruiser. I've been looking at the Penny boards because she wants a board that is pink and purple and they come in many colors, and I also feel like the big, soft wheels and light weight deck would be good for her. One question I had though are these boards any good, and how well will the plastic deck hold up to abuse? If you guys have any other recommendations feel free to shoot them out there. Also, I was wondering if the 22" or the 27" would be better. The 22" would be easier to carry but should be less stable, where the 27" would be closer to what she's been riding on. On another note I've kind of gotten the itch for another board myself to cruise around the neighbor hood on, the old street board isn't that much fun due to the imperfect asphalt we have. Would a 27" Penny do for myself or would I do better getting a proper cruiser or longboard? Sorry for the long winded post and I look forward to you advice.
RegRus85
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
http://www.stereosoundagency.com/prod...uiser-purple-pink I found this board this morning, it's a traditional wooden board and comes with sunglasses and other accessories so it's a seemingly better value.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:41 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ

Bennett Locker Rocker ~ I think I still have one in stock. Awesome street cruiser—rockered deck with Bennett's killer fast turning truks and fast and grippy Alligator wheels. It's a real fun ride and she can hang it in her locker at school.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply man, that board does look nice. Is it available in other color options or is that the only one? Also, what are your thoughts about learning on such a short board? Will it present too much challenge? I just don't want to get something that will make her give up on skating as skating was such a pleasure for me growing up.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
29 inch isn't exactly short when you think about the plastic crap some of us started out on. All high quality performance stuff—more likely to inspire.

Yes, just the one colorway.

There's also a longboard version but its not rockered.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I think 29 would be perfect the board she's been riding is about 31, but I would really like to find something with pink or purple on it. She specifically asked for that, lol the things we do for our kids. Thanks for the reply though, that looks like a great board.

Page 1 of 1