SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  The Case of the $91 1st Series Bat Nose Pink Neptune
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The Case of the $91 1st Series Bat Nose Pink Neptune

jcarloni
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I sold my bat nose for $1500 last year and it was in worse condition. I really liked the deck, but needed the money more at the time. That was one hell of a deal for the one that popped up.. There are a lot of rarities on SC decks that the average collector doesn't know about. The ones who know, know. Early run roskopps, kendalls, and O'briens will always fetch more than the later '89 decks that were abundant once the skateboarding went more street.
sonicdan
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:53 am Reply with quote
this thread is an excellent illustration on how skateboard collecting is witnessing a changing of guard.

on both, on and off Skull & Bones.

SCH04
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
the miss and or double print on the shark is pretty cool.
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
sonicdan wrote:
this thread is an excellent illustration on how skateboard collecting is witnessing a changing of guard.

how so?

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
big.kahuna.burger wrote:
sonicdan wrote:

how so?

some people think it's a good idea to snatch up a deck even if you don't like it - you can flip it.

others think it'd be better to leave the deck to someone who's been looking for it.

well, the buying-low-selling-high thing has been there ever since people started collecting skateboard decks (and everything else), I guess - but I think there were times when flipping decks for profit was less perceived as something morally ok by the community…

cujo613
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
sonicdan wrote:
big.kahuna.burger wrote:
sonicdan wrote:

how so?

some people think it's a good idea to snatch up a deck even if you don't like it - you can flip it.

others think it'd be better to leave the deck to someone who's been looking for it.

well, the buying-low-selling-high thing has been there ever since people started collecting skateboard decks (and everything else), I guess - but I think there were times when flipping decks for profit was less perceived as something morally ok by the community…

By now I see two separate communities. Theres the core snb community who for the most part watches out for one another. I still get offers for boards at a reasonable price because they fit in my collection, or heads up on auctions on boards I would be interested in.
Then theres the facebook community, it has no real values at all and anything goes. Its a popularity contest and nothing else. Theres a few that are good people but its just a fuck fest for the most part, smiling at you and being friends while they are shoving that dildo up your ass
sonicdan
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
yup. that's why I couldn't care less about skateboard collectors on facekook. I check ebay and I check SnB and that's it. if that makes me miss out on a 'sick deck', well screw it.

SantaCruzDude
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
All good points. Hence why this topic was presented. There any many ways collectors find their boards, some just flip, some have a network, some use social media, some use this forum right here!

For the record, I don't have Facebook, and so my platform for collecting (including buying / selling / trading) is eBay, and now here at S&B. The guy who I bought this JJ from is not on S&B, but rather another collector I know who was looking out for me. And yes, you can call this a flip for profit, because it is... But you heard it from S&B member jcarloni, he sold his bat nose Neptune for $1500, in worse shape. So yeah, I paid up for this, because where else am I going to find this board for $650? It's a centerpiece for my SC collection, and I think was a fair price
cujo613
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Oct 2003 Posts: 11215 Location: Santa Cruz California
I recently bought a board from a snb member. A transaction I was happy with, extremely happy.

this board popped up with a bin of 125. Of course it was instantly snatched up. I missed it by 5 minutes. a week later I was shown a picture of it. I knew how much he paid and I offered my offer for the board.
The seller said he could not accept that offer because he felt it was not worth that much and said he would sell it for pretty much half that. he made money I saved money
both were happy
I have no issues with deals like that at all
SantaCruzDude
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, that's a nice one! Early 90s Eric Ricks. Probably his first or second Powell model right? Wasn't there another Powell deck with a painter dude?

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next