SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  RAMPS  »  DIY QuaterPipe
Page 1 of 1    

DIY QuaterPipe

mikeb76
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Hello All,
I wanted to get some suggestions on building a mini quarter pipe at home. I recently pick back up a skateboard ( after 25yrs) and have been going to my LSPs for about 2 months now. I can only make it out there 3 days a week and for only a few hours . (Dam little kids and there scooters) So I was thinking of building a QP for the house to get more practice in, but not sure how big to start off with since I'm just getting back in . When I go to my LSP I usually skate the bowls, but since the shallow side is 4-5ft I'm scared to try any tricks so I just carve around. I would like to just scare to try

So I would to practice dropping in , rock to fakie / rock and rolls F&B 50-50 ect at home before I try at the part. I was thinking a 2ft them moving to a 3ft so on.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance
skateight
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
A lot of people think it's easier to drop in on a larger ramp.
( 6 foot )
XSProgression
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:11 pm Reply with quote
mikeb76 wrote:
Hello All,
I wanted to get some suggestions on building a mini quarter pipe at home. I recently pick back up a skateboard ( after 25yrs) and have been going to my LSPs for about 2 months now. I can only make it out there 3 days a week and for only a few hours . (Dam little kids and there scooters) So I was thinking of building a QP for the house to get more practice in, but not sure how big to start off with since I'm just getting back in . When I go to my LSP I usually skate the bowls, but since the shallow side is 4-5ft I'm scared to try any tricks so I just carve around. I would like to just scare to try

So I would to practice dropping in , rock to fakie / rock and rolls F&B 50-50 ect at home before I try at the part. I was thinking a 2ft them moving to a 3ft so on.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance

I would make a 3 ft to learn on! 2ft is too small and would be harder to get to the 4ft+ ramps at parks.

Side note, I just made a tutorial on how to rock to fakie and uploaded it literally today by chance of seeing this haha, so if you want some tips on the trick, feel free to check out my vid

https://youtu.be/sY7Ep3XGCEs

Page 1 of 1