SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  New to forum - new to longboarding
Page 1 of 1    

New to forum - new to longboarding

metalmancpa
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Good afternoon - this is the stupid introduce yourself first post - sorry.

Based on some reviews of the board I purchased, I'll probably get some crap, but for me it's all about starting somewhere.

I haven't boarded in decades, and when I used to, it was simple street/hill riding. Nothing fancy - no tricks or jumps or fancy turning. While camping in the Outer Banks a couple of weeks ago, I went to Kitty Hawk Kites and saw some longboards. When I got home, I ended up purchasing an Atom Cruiser 39 longboard with the funkier larger wheels and a Kahuna adjustable big stick combo pack. I realize issues with the quality of trucks/bushings etc., and know Atom isn't considered a quality board. But with the streets in my neighborhood I'll be riding on to start, I liked the wheels that looked like they'd absorb the less than smooth roads.

It's a start. I figure I'll get some time on this board and get an overall feel for land paddling / longboarding. Knowing me, an upgrade won't be all that far away once I really get into quality issues that I may find, but I am excited that I made the plunge to start somewhere.

And lastly, the corny getting to know you stuff - 54 y.o., listen to metal music (Opeth my favorite, Exodus, Dimmu Borgir, etc etc). I'm a Certified Public Accountant.
mosu101
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:05 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Isnt there a band with Dave Grohl called

"Certified practicing accountants of Death Metal"

or something like that...

take care of the knees and have fun!

Page 1 of 1