SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Bestest Longboards
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Bestest Longboards

ghostcavalry
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm probably alone here on the forum tonight, but any-hoo, the selection of longboards is really vast these days, so I'm looking at all these brands I don't know...Comet, Landyachtz... Comet has a resin/ walnut composite, but I have no idea how it rides...

Anyone know about Comets?
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:52 pm Reply with quote
i rode one of the pool models in the vans pool near me and it kicked ass. they are really light. i think there are better brands out there, but comet is a really good company.
and no, you are not alone, im here too
im not a holiday kinda guy, every day is a celebration for me!

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2003-12-31 23:53 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ghostcavalry
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:45 am Reply with quote
That's the way letsgo! I'm kinda the same way; I'm more apt to want to be out when everyone else is not out in drunken stupors...especially driving!

Every day you're alive is indeed a holiday

Happy New Year!
atxJIMatx
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:36 am Reply with quote
Happy 2004 y'all
i'm here as well.. went out to the place my fiance waitresses at to kiss her when the year turned over; but I prefer to stay out of the drunks' way, if possible....
What are you looking to do with the longboard? (duh, ride it... but where?)
ghostcavalry
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:16 am Reply with quote
I'm still in experimental mode in the LB dept. I want to try new things since I can't shred like a youngster anymore. I still want to go fast, carve and eventually take a longboard to the local skatepark for some ramp time. I saw a fella do that last summer and he ruled!
LLpeteJ
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote
one of my friends has a comet 40" i think,,
top notch construction super light,,personally i like a board im positive i cant get wheel bite on,
atxJIMatx
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:52 pm Reply with quote
go for the Hybrid fantail...
not too big.. you can cruise it,carve it, park ride it, you name it...
--and it will NOT wheel bite
macsdaddy
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Tina - Mile High Mark (aka Pool Skater)can fill you in on the Comets. He hooked me up with a 44" classic camber and it rocks. Give him a shout.
Pool-Skater
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:07 pm Reply with quote
The Comet decks are nice because they're light, snappy/stiff, and resist warping (a bid deal here in CO due to lack of humidity).

The wood that they use is laminated vertically. This makes the boards much stronger. They're wrapped in glass/epoxy, and some models have additional layers of carbon fiber in the tail for better stiffness/control.

They have two lines of composite decks -- the PROflex and Classic. The former have carbon fiber in the tail, and are a little more traditional in that they have kick noses and kick tails. The Park series are double-kick, and the Downhill are spoon nose with a tail kick. The Park decks are sold in the "stiff/firm" flex, and the DH decks are sold in "medium" flex. The Classic series lack the carbon fiber, and are more "surf-like" in their shapes. We stock the camber and pintail, and folks have been stoked with them.

E-mail me directly ([email protected]) if you have questions or want some specific recommendations.
Ceasar13
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I have ridden lots of lbs, but for downhill the proflex 44 i my fave. Hell, comets are my fave overall. They are damn nice boards with great construction and stiffness, and the guys there are hella cool via the email. The propark rocks for a slidiing board (I like a little nose to lighten the rear pressure for nasty quick slides) I now am down to Bozi, Comet and my own boards for the most part. I like em stiff, and reactive. I have never had wheel bite on my comet, and I am running huge gumballs. Seems like I should, but it just doesnt seem to happen, even in tight turns (we do a bike bridge corkscrew that is just brutal in how tight it is and steep to boot) But I am only 156 lbs too, so maybe that helps. If oyu get a com, I dont think youll regret it.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next