SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Specs on the hip shortish longboards?
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Specs on the hip shortish longboards?

Slim
Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
I'm thinking of getting something to skate banks, ditches, and hell, even pools on. I'll probably set it up with indys but might go wild and go with seismics.

Can anyone run me down some specs, length, width, wheelbase, and concave amount for some of the popular shortish-longboards? Like the hustler and the bds and whatever else you all are sporting? Or point me to a shop site that has that info? Of course if I can hold out long enough I'll just wait for a shitbird at whatever size Dave makes 'em...but in case I need to buy one before then, please let me know a bit about my options.

thanks,

Slim

[ This Message was edited by: maraboutslim on 2003-12-27 22:22 ]
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:28 pm Reply with quote
check milehighskates.com for info on some good short longboards. i really like the bds longboard, but i have never tried the hustler. i have heard great things about the hustler though. havent heard many complaints about either. i guess it depends on what you are using it for though. the hustler sounds like it would be best if you were mainly skating pools with it, but it sounds like you are leaning more towards banks and ditches and the occasional pool. the bds board would be best for this. i have used it in a pool and on banks and it works great in both places. i have also used indys and seismics on the bds board and both are great trucks for it.

oh yeah, i think the specs are 10X38

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2003-12-27 23:30 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
wreckordist
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:03 am Reply with quote
I have to agree; the BDS Longboard is an awesome deck. I have mine set up with the BDS softpour Shogo Kubo wheels with Bones Swiss bearings on Tracker Sixtracks. Those soft Shogos make even rough terrain skate-able. I also have Gravity wedges on it and this whole setup skates extremely well. It's something I would recommend to anyone, especially for banks and bowls. It's so much more than just a "longboard".
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:29 am Reply with quote
the BDS is 10.5 x 38.. with that nice "W" concave
also look at the Hustlers big bro.. the mighty Numbchuck...
9.5 X 38 with a nice amount of 'cave; but nothing too extreme....
if you want something a little different.. check out http://www.noreasterlongboards.com
the Hybrid Fantail is amazing... 40 x 10 .. one of the best all around longboards out there... all hand pressed and cut.. put together with top notch parts.. and Brad is a great guy to work with....
i have all these and more (not for sale, just personal boards.. not making a sales pitch) .. you wanna see any pics of anything.. holler...

atxJIMatx
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:32 am Reply with quote
Fuck, that was me... didn't log in
Jim
ghostcavalry
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:58 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah. I was asking Brad about the Fantails awhile back, those look like awesome rides! Can't wait to try one.
atxJIMatx
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:11 am Reply with quote
I can't recommend em highly enough... got an 8 ply.. it rips; but wanted something a bit stiffer (I'm about 225-230) so I asked if he'd cook me up a 10 Ply and he did-- no extra cost... he's offering them now on the site... I feel like i started something
That board,setup the way he does it is simply amazing... got one of his cutaway carvers as well... seismics and gumballs-- woohoo!!
mattvon
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, that convinced me. 10-ply is a great idea for us bigger riders, and the fantail shape looks killer.

Best of all, their completes come set up exactly as I would have done it myself, right down to the bearings! Merry Christmas to me!
atxJIMatx
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:28 pm Reply with quote
you're gonna have fun!
Pool-Skater
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Afroman Hustler, Numbchuck, or BDS Longboard. Complete specs on my site/store (milehighskates.com). Also peep the Dregs and Comets.

Since I saw "the light," these are now my "short boards."

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next