SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  RAMPS  »  Vert board recommendations for me.
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Vert board recommendations for me.

blueballs
Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
At least you're skating vert
socalsupermoto
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
alright, here's the pool king michael stefaun review, in case anyone searches for info on the deck or anything.

Flex: Here's what makes the board super different. I rode Michaels and it had a ton of flex that felt rad in the pool. I was worried about it for vert and put on some rails. has more flex than a standard 7ply without feeling noodley. Feels pretty cool actually. too flexy for me without the rails, perfect with.

speed: here's something weird, I found it much easier to build speed, same wheels and trucks than on my cab. I have no idea why, perhaps flex or having a balanced board.

concave. super mild. If it had a deep concave that I did I'd just buy ten of em now and be done. it's not like my foot is slipping off, but it doens't have that locked in feeling I like, ie on smith grinds.

size: 33.5 seems to be the magic number for me. My feet felt like they could go where they wanted, and grabs felt easier.

ollie: easier on this board than anything else I've ridden. I ollie like natas now. ollied over my van this morning.

Weight: 8 ounces lighter and you can definitely feel it.

Love the hell out of it except for the lack of concave, so i picked up a mini logo k15 8.5 x 33.5 181 shape for $23. I'll try that and see which one i like more.
pic of it setup: [img][url=http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Other/skateboard-stuff/31848908_FzjCw5#!i=2852938709&k=BR5Ftnr&lb=1&s=A]
[/url]

[/img][url=http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Other/skateboard-stuff/31848908_FzjCw5#!i=2851995579&k=QgbbL8q&lb=1&s=A]
[/url]

WANTED: Grosso Black Label Blocks (one more)
markm
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I wish I could loan you the Hot Rod Flames deck to see what you thought. This stuff interests me. But then it wouldn't be a wall hanger anymore.

I think if I had access to a steady diet of vert, I'd put trucks and wheels on the FLAMES and ride the hell out of it.
socalsupermoto
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
yeah it would be cool to try. the board i bought is basically the same, just narrower. still 33.5 and k15 concave. Since I'm new to this (again) i'm basically just buying and trying different boards until i figure it out.

markm
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I did that, and am doing that with wheels.

I keep buying different wheels and leaving lightly used wheels that I have zero interest in riding all over the place.
socalsupermoto
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
haha, yeah i did that too but got lucky pretty early on with some blank 60mm super hard (don't even know) wheels. I put the powell miller 58mm wheels on my kids board and those are pretty rad. 84b i think.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2