SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD VIDEO TRADING  »  hokus pokus tune
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

hokus pokus tune

Dai-mond
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:18 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 06 Aug 2002 Posts: 325 Location: London UK / Wellington NZ
Somebody help me!! i am desperatly trying to fing the name of a track on Hokus pokus(?) .
The section is a street jam with Ron allen and there is loads of grafiti all over the ramps. I know its a bit vague but im hoping some one may know the tune.
The words go some thing like

"Have you ever walked on an empty street with the sun and the stars and the sea so deep , and asked yourself again, is it for me.
with a piece of paper plan as white but the words dont seem to come out right ... i ask myself again ... is it for me!!"

the challenge is set!!

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote
hi,

the band is called "The Cry" and the name of the song is titled "alone". I went looking for "the cry" albums around 1997 and didn't find anything. Over the years I've done all kinds of google searches with no luck either.

BUT my luck changed drastically last week when looking for some cheap comedy cassetes at Goodwill. Guess what random tape caught my eye?

The Cry - Beautiful Reasons

I transferred it to mini-DV and just need to extract the audio and make a CD.

I started looking again but can't find any information on these guys on the internet. They were from Vista, CA so maybe someone in Vista would know something about them?
Hokus Pokus
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:37 am Reply with quote
Supersly is there any chance you can share that on the direct connect video trading hub so we can all get a listen??!!?

I have the special edition h street soundtrack ripped to mp3 on there, anyone who gets on the hub is free to download...
supersly
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm on dial up -- so direct connect is out for me.

I definitely would be interested in sharing or trading this recording (any of you direct connect users interested?) but wish there was someway of getting a better dub. Dubbing of a 13 year old cassette doesn't really offer the best sound quality!

Former members of the "The Cry" where are you?

[ This Message was edited by: supersly on 2004-01-29 20:22 ]
Dai-mond
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:40 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 06 Aug 2002 Posts: 325 Location: London UK / Wellington NZ
i'd love a copy of the tunes if anyone can burn me a decent copy. i think ukoldschool has one but not certain.
uk ... if you do can you help out?

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:40 am Reply with quote
hi...justanother person looking for more cry stuff...i do have the h street soundtrack and the handy with shovels demo tracks on planet earths now n later..as trade...

please hit me back anyone..
Macca26
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
yo supersly!! I have searched for "The Cry" for ages but all I have is the H-street soundtrack and Hocus Pocus on vhs. Rip it to mp3 mate and put my quest to an end!!
lungfish
Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote
sly, can I get a copy of that cassette? I have been looking for that cassette since the first time I saw hokus pokus back in '89!! I have spent a LOT of time looking for it (going on 15 years!). Let me know if you can sent me a copy of it. Now that I know the cassette name, I will look into finding mor info on the band members.
supersly
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:24 am Reply with quote
Hey, sorry to leave all you guys in the lurch, I finally got a job and lost track of some of the things I was doing while unemployed (like hang out on these message boards).

As far as copies of this cassette go, I'd like to know what actual members of the cry think about bootlegs being passed around now that they have resurfaced. If they go to the trouble to re-master their work, I'd don't want to be passing around some 3rd rate copy that will cut into their sales. Anybody from the cry want to respond?

And I'd definately buy a copy of that re-mastered CD if it is made.
lungfish
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quote
Guys, I have been in correspondence with the drummer from the Cry and it looks like it will cost him about 500 bucks to get the tape mastered appropriately. In the meantime, he had mentioned that he has some of the original tapes left. I want to see if he would be willing to sell the tapes if people, like me, are into the orginals if we can get them. Jeff, the drummer, was talking about maybe even putting the re-master up on ITunes or something. Jeff is in a band now called Berkley-Hart (www.berkleyhart.com). I'd suggest going to the website and send an email saying that you love the band and are interested in getting a copy of the tape/ remastered CD. He's a super nice guy to boot!

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next