SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Lurked for long enough. Saying hi!
Page 1 of 1    

Lurked for long enough. Saying hi!

DrSk8No
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Greeting from New Zealand to all you fellow skaters and addicts. I've been prowling around in the undergrowth of this forum for a while now and thought it time to say hey and join in properly.
Firstly need to say thanks to Jimwire for alerting me to the site and no thanks to him for getting my addiction started on collecting decks.
I'm a 32 year old with 18 years of skateboarding under my battered Vans. Originally from the UK but now living in New Zealand.

I initially started out collecting skateboard videos. Long before the invention of the DVD. Here's an old pic of part of my collection that's tormenting me by being too expensive to ship over from the UK at this current time. 411s and a load of others didn't make it into this pic.

Then as skateboarding went digital my habit switched to DVDs which all thankfully reside with me here in NZ. Again another couple of shelves worth not included in this pic that have been bought since it was taken.

And then a few years back I moved in with forum member Jimwire and was exposed to his exceptional collection of decks (Or "dicks" as they're pronounced here in NZ) and another branch of addiction was formed.

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/DrSk8No/Boards%20I%20own/

I mostly collect boards I can relate to. While I fully appreciate and admire the graphics and skaters of the 70's and 80's, I didn't really start skating properly until the turn of the 90's. Although I do remember visiting Rollersnakes back in the late 80's as a little kid and being in awe of the Welinder, Nordic Skull graphic hanging on their walls. An image that really stuck with me. I'm after collecting any decks by my idols Cardiel, Alex Moul, Lee Ralph, Marc Johnson (Maple, A-Team and Enjoi eras). I also collect boards that fit into the themes of booze, religion mocking, music I love and comedy graphics that appeal to my sense of humour.
Should anyone in here have anything on my want list below, it would be great if you could bare me in mind should you ever think of selling.
I appreciate that I'm completely dreaming on getting some of them.

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e184/DrSk8No/Boards%20I%20want/

Also keen to hear from any other NZ based collectors/skaters. I already know Leon who I believe is on here but new friends to talk skating and go for a session with are always welcome.

Sorry for this post being all me, me, me and a bit excessive. I've got a lot of free time at work today.

Cheers

Last edited by DrSk8No on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Welcome.

That is ONE fucking HELL of a lot of skate film there!

....but I can skate for Bacon wrapped hotdogs with pulled pork and Glass bottled Dr Pepper!
jacbli76
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
welcome

i'm gonna need copies of all the dvds

DrSk8No
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
jacbli76 wrote:
welcome

i'm gonna need copies of all the dvds

Cheers guys. And hey, if you want to send over 703 (At the last count) blank DVDs I'll see what I can do haha

Also just updated the picture of MY DVD collection as the previous one was well out of date. Need to build an extension to my shelves now.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
DrSk8No wrote:
if you want to send over 703 (At the last count) blank DVDs I'll see what I can do haha

you would not be stoked when that box arrives

Page 1 of 1