SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  nike dunks in skateshops
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nike dunks in skateshops

jahio
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:29 pm Reply with quote
i dont know if i will sell them but,,, the nike angus is a great f*^!ing shoe. i have had them for almost 3 weeks and they are holding up and feel great. the true test will be when it gets above 20 degrees in Ohio and we can skate more, a lot more
boarderline
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:25 pm Reply with quote
NIKE is EVIL. You should boycott them. I am totally serious. i don't care if savier even looks remotely appealing. doesn't anyone remember Nike's push to get into the industry in the early 1990's?? the tradeshow altercations? trying to steal pros away from small companies during the show, and the rest of the BS...THEY DO NOT BELONG IN SKATEBOARDING! Find some smaller company and support them. NIKE will only bite you in the ass.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:47 pm Reply with quote
are there really any small shoe companies?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
boarderline
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:13 pm Reply with quote
we had vita, when they were small and sturdy. i think they've since disappeared. something about Sobe' buying them. did I-path, when they were small, then they got big and couldn't get any product due to demand. there's usually someone out there that's worthy. not real big on Sole tech stuff, but there are other bigger Co's that can treat you right. just not NIKE! of course if the market stays soft, they won't stay in it long anyways.
LLpeteJ
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:48 pm Reply with quote
from what ive gathered about nike is that they have a better program than other skate shoe companies, they try to give there accounts to "skate shops" not pac sun of sport authourity,,and it helps them pay their bills,,beats the fuck out of trying to make money selling decks im sure.. and they make some badass sneakers
The_Vicar
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quote
In Canada they dumped the dunks into chains from what I understand. I think RDS in West Van carries them but for the most you will have to run to the mall to get a pair.

What Nike did makes a lot of sense as they figured how to market to this segment. They understood that kids into skating are not MTV watching drones. They think for themselves and express themselves. All Nike is trying to do is make a buck or a million like Vans or eS.

Are kids today as brand loyal as they were back in the 80s? I remember when Airwalk came out with their clown shoes and the Brigade were wearing Jordans - I stuck to my Vans. I only ride Indy - have like 16 pairs -and only use Bones Bearings. Are kids the same today?
boarderline
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:56 pm Reply with quote
no, the kids don't care. they don't think long-term. it's a shame really. they should care, just as you guys care about the details in your products- but that's what the industry is counting on- the kids won't care if the boards are made in China, or if the graphics peel off, they'll just get a new one. it's a disposable generation.- but that doesn't mean you as a shop can't push the small guys. i'm telling you-it does make a difference. also when the little guys come up with something that takes off, people will drive to find YOU, cause you'll be the only place to get it. you can create a niche market for yourself. and it doesn't mean you have to be cheaper. because if you have what they really want, they'll pay a higher (reasonable) price. Nike is not cool, and IMO does not deserve my money/support.
benborden
Posted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 May 2004 Posts: 371 Location: trapped somewhere in time...
nike blows. they just want your money.i could sell the shit out of em,but i only support skateboarding.skateboarding is not extreme and its not fucking sport.if you like jocks buy some dc's.ill glady sell you some of those instead.
www.theskateboardmuseum.c
Posted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:45 pm Reply with quote
hey guys,

I normally try to stay out of these conversations but ill try to clear things up for you.

I am one of four nike sb reps in the u.s. Im responsable for the entire south east(fl,ga,la,ar,al,tn,ky,sc,ms).

Nike skateboarding is a part of nike. Our paper work is very thorough. We offer 60 day credit terms and a credit limit that would take years to build with any other company.So, the paper work is essiantially a personal guaranty that you will honor your credit term. The dealer ap. is standard(i know i was a shop manager for the skatepark of tampa.westside skateshop for 10 years).

If you approach us at a trade show or a public space.Keep in mind,everyone and their mother wants a nike account so they could become ebay rich. So, were picky. I am very picky who i open up. If i have never heard of your shop,im probably not going to open you.Because i know who has a good shop.I have been skating in the south since 1985.If that seems cocky,sorry.

But every door i open is a skater owned and operated skate shop,or, the best shop in town.If your a account with me i will not open another reatailer within 2 hours of your shop.

Is that lame? I think im protecting my retailers.

As far as picking out product goes.All my shops order product.I have never just sent something.But,i wont just sell dunks to a account. Every account has to support the line and help spread the message.

just thought i would clear that up..

If you have questions please ask...

dangersticks
Posted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:40 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
I saw those shoes in person yesterday at a friend's shop.

Wow. Those are some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen.

If people pay a hundred bucks for those things; Nike's crapping in their mouths and calling it a sundae...

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next