SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  New wheels from...Powell?
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

New wheels from...Powell?

EBasil
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote
Big Fish Joined: 24 Nov 2004 Posts: 335
I think Powell has loads of cred in street/vert, but that the super-low level, clear wheels on flat cores that they've offered on Skate One longboards --before These-- have given them a position of irrelevance in longboarding. THESE wheels will change that, for sure. They really are great wheels.

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/Consortium_Reviews/a-review-of-these-wheels

You can bet other mfgrs are truly hoping Powell drives the market price on wheels up, too.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Most guys that are really into sliding, their wheels end up like this-

I guess they're getting their money's worth, but These Wheels better live up to the hype (and price) if they want to get taken seriously by the slide types.

Thankfully, I'm not into the sliding much, so my longboard wheels last a loooong time.
Buddur
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Like your car, the single most important decision you make affecting it's performance are the tires because it doesn’t matter how powerful your car is if your tires don’t grip the road under the driving conditions you experience. In that sense, skateboard wheels are no different. These wheels may be the difference between buying Michelin or Wal-Mart brand tires...and priced accordingly. We'll see!

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3