SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  I'll be the one who smells like xanax.
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

I'll be the one who smells like xanax.

MuffBreff
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
Hello all, this is my first post.

I have been skating since around 1980 and have always wanted to collect decks. 1989 to 1994 was the golden era for me, so that's what I'm into. But now I collect everything, I love em all.

Back in May of this year I was 8 months into retirement and bored as hell. But suddenly Istarted going apeshit for some reason and bought 80+ decks. It got so bad that it wasn't even money anymore, just numbers punched in on the keyboard.

When I get a new deck in the mail, rip off that shrink and hold it in my hand it's like the fountain of youth for me! Vivid memories of what tricks I learned on that board, who I was hanging out with, all come flooding back to me.

I'm totally out of control and I can't stop buying shit.
buzzbuzz
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 am Reply with quote
MuffBreff wrote:

I'm totally out of control and I can't stop buying shit.

You're at the right place...... we can't stop selling shit....

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 am Reply with quote
Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our collection had become unmanageable
Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to liquidity
Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our collection and our online presence over to the care of PlayGod
Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless physical inventory of our collection
Step 5 - Admitted to PlayGod, to ourselves and to other skate bros the exact nature of our bummers
Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have PlayGod remove all these defects of the internet
Step 7 - Humbly asked PlayGod to remove our PM limit
Step 8 - Made a list of all bros we had bummed out, and became willing to send NOS decks to them all
Step 9 - Made direct amends to such bros wherever possible, except when to do so would bum them out
Step 10 - Continued to take inventory of our collection and when we were hoarding promptly admitted it
Step 11 - Sought through PMs and posting to improve our internet contact with PlayGod as we understood PlayGod, striving only for knowledge of PlayGod's will for us and the power to carry that out
Step 12 - Having had a stoked out awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our online dealings

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote
Yesterday I relapsed, with 8 decks....
PlayGod
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
As long as you are not setting them up and skating them, and are keeping them safe in climate controlled conditions, it is an investment... and it's a good idea to be converting your cash to valuable assets... your decks are going to be worth a lot more than your cash in coming years.

Eventually you will exhaust all of your cash, and then you will be forced to come to grips with your addiction, but at least with this addiction you will have tangible high-value assets at the end of the road. And you will have a supportive community here to help you convert those assets back into cash. Maybe at a loss, but probably you will at least break even.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
I hear ya man, totally addicting...I can't stop either, just love it so much its friggen crazy, but then again better wood than anything else...
grinch77
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote
lets see some pics.
vaskateboards
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
quality over quantity please.
nick1572
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote
Welcome MuffBreff........no shit man! Same deal here. Get's out of control real easy if you're not careful. Like many, I started buying decks from when I was a kid out of nowhere. Only wanted a select few that i had back in the day. Now I have ones I didn't even have but wanted as a kid. It's amazing how it can sneak up and bite you in the ass. This place is very cool! So enjoy!

Lance

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next