SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Yeah! Slob Air is Famous
Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Yeah! Slob Air is Famous

Five Points Skateboards
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:19 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Our own Blair "Slob Air" Watson is even more famous than we thought. Check the pic I found on Independant Trucks website: http://independenttrucks.com/1997-200...too/04-tattoo.jpg . Way to go Slobster! Ha Ha.
That's a sweet pic!

slob-air
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Thank you, thank you very much... you can make you PayPal donations to...

Actually, Amorone broke that story about 6 months ago.

And I'm not famous, damn-it! I'm infamous! LOL!
Team Goon
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Sep 2002 Posts: 150 Location: Southern California
Hey Slob...WTF
Where's the CH3 sticker I sent you a while back on the bottom of that deck!
Stubbs
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:10 pm Reply with quote
How'd you break that arm? Trying to get a wheel off of a fucked up INDY axle? Ha!!!!!

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Brad - That pic pre-dated you sending me the stickers... I think that's been on the Indy site for 2 years at this point. The CH-3 sticker is on my guitar case - right next to the original Ch-3 sticker I got when I booked the band on a Candian tour back in '82 or '83

Stubby - No, actually, the truth of the story is even funnier -I stepped backwards and off the platform of the barn ramp, fell through a door and landed on broken beer bottles. It was Friday on a long weekend so I certainly wasn't going to a hospital - I guzzled a few brew back, shook of the dust and skated some more... went to the doctor 3 or 4 days later and had it x-rayed.

Showed up at the next session with the purple cast with the Indy logo and the Factory 13 logo. We had joked about sending a pic into Indy and my nephew had taken a pic so... the rest is history.

Bastards didn't even send me a free set of trucks.

Come to think of it, some other bastard was going to send me trucks but never did!
Team Goon
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:12 pm Reply with quote
On a recent trip to Las Vegas we were in a truck stop no less and saw 4 guys in there that obviously did NOT skate that were all Indy geared out. One guy even had a hat, shirt and pants on. When he left he got into a jacked up truck with the bid $20 Indy sticker on the window. All this was going on and we were not even near Area 51.

None of us use Indy's so we were not offended by non-skaters wearing skater ONLY stuff. Just curious to know if any of the loyal Indy riders do a full on beat down on people who wear Indy gear or do they just sit there and let this go on and don't do shit about it.

Here is what Indy said in a recent ad.

[ This Message was edited by: Team Goon on 2003-10-22 00:18 ]
slob-air
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm.. yah, I'm not into kooks co-opting our thing, but for me, just like the way Indy's turn like a mofo and grind like no other... of course, I still ride Stage II and III so...
Team Goon
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Yea, you ride Indys that were from when it was a real - REAL GOOD! Trucks from those stages were the best.

It just would be great to hear about an Indy rider fucking up an Indy poser really bad ..... hospital or coma bad.
Slim
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
photocopy that ad so you can put it on the windshield of all the damn lowriders and 4x4s that are sportin' the indy stickers (except dangerstick's 4x4 - he's a real indy guy!) and pass it out to all the losers in the malls with their indy shirts or whatever.

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:36 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Feb 2003 Posts: 1218 Location: Alameda, California
Team Goon @ 2003-10-22 00:38� writes:

"It just would be great to hear about an Indy rider fucking up an Indy poser really bad ..... hospital or coma bad."

How would that be great to hear? Maybe you are drinking and thats got you worked up but, there is nothing to cheer about when people get fucked up. Check out the story below and tell me how that was great to hear also.

MURDER CHARGE FOR SKATEBOARDER

'I heard the crack and I ran, dude; I ran the whole way home,' suspect quoted as saying

Thursday, April 18, 2002

By TRACY JOHNSON
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

A man accused of ending a street confrontation with a fatal swing of a skateboard was charged with second-degree murder yesterday, while his companion was to be set free.

King County prosecutors say Timothy R. Strano knew immediately how hard he hit Demetri Andrews on April 9 along University Way Northeast in Seattle. According to court papers, Strano later told police, "I heard the crack and I ran, dude. I ran the whole way home."

He then got rid of evidence by giving away the wheels and other parts of his skateboard, prosecutors say.

Strano, 22, who moved from New York City to the University District just a few months ago, could face 11 to 19 years in prison if he is convicted. He remains in the King County Jail, where prosecutors have asked to increase his bail from $500,000 to $750,000.

Strano is scheduled to answer to the charge April 29 in Superior Court.

Prosecutors did not charge his friend, Joseph M. Tremato, 33, whom police arrested with Strano on Saturday. Police say the fight began between Tremato and Andrews, but prosecutors say it was Strano who turned the encounter deadly.

"Our office will continue to examine the facts of the incident, but the other suspect's conduct does not appear to rise to the level of a felony," prosecutor's spokesman Dan Donohoe said. "It does not appear that he acted as an accomplice."

Andrews slipped into a coma in Harborview Medical Center and died Friday, four days after the scuffle. The Renton man suffered bleeding inside his fractured skull.

The fight started after 8 p.m. near University Way Northeast and Northeast 45th Street. Andrews and his girlfriend were in a car when Strano and Tremato skated in front of them, according to police.

Andrews honked his horn and yelled at them. One of them yelled back. Police say Andrews pulled over and got out.

Andrew's girlfriend told police that Tremato spread his arms wide and said, "What the ... do you want? Are you going to ... hit me now?"

She said they started fighting, and Tremato pushed Andrews, who nearly fell to the ground but caught himself with one hand. That's when Strano stepped forward, according to police, and brought his skateboard down on Andrews' head.

One witness, according to court papers, said Strano swung the board "with all of his might."

Police say Strano, Tremato and Strano's brother, who was nearby, ran away.

Tremato and Strano's brother later told investigators that Andrews had gotten out of his car in a rage, grabbing Tremato by his shirt. Strano admitted he hit Andrews with his skateboard at a "bad angle," according to the court papers.

Strano has a previous criminal record, including a 1996 burglary in South Carolina and several misdemeanors. Deputy Prosecutor Steve Fogg wrote that Strano has "led a rootless and itinerant life."

THATS GREAT TO HEAR........

Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next