SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  oki dog rules
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

oki dog rules

tiki
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I spent a lot of my life in that parking lot.

This Friday Night a bunch of us (yes I have found folks from NoHo down here) are going to try and make gourmet oki dogs! Photos will be provided!

Anyone here remember oki dogs? Anyone hang late at night. It was always a riot.. A lot of crazies bounced around!

If you want to slag them .. fuck off jock.. one place you knew you best ride by.

Titletownjeff
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Sounds good....bet they were loaded up with all kinds of wacky toppings
tiki
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The OG oki dog:

no name cheap hot dogs boiled to death.. all flavor destroyed...

put 2 into cheap flower tortilla.

add no name (dog food type) chili (sometimes w/ beans - sometimes not)

3 slices of processed american cheese

wrap up and sell for 99 cents

I would add hot wax peppers and mustard to the mix

poor punkers treats.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Does that come with a defibrillator?

Only been there once. And I was drunk as fuck so it was perfection.

Didn't the Circle Jerks sin their record deal at Oki Dogs?

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:

Only been there once. And I was drunk as fuck so it was perfection.

Didn't the Circle Jerks sign their record deal at Oki Dogs?

Outstanding.. Believe it or not.. I was sober there quite a few times.

I bounced with Keith and Greg a bunch at OD's.. For some reason, I think I saw a CJ/OD photo on David Markey's photo archive that might suggest that thought. I will have to ask him.
kirb-slider
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Love oki dogs. Liked pinks as well. Just hated the line.

Didn't a bunch of jay Adams shit go down at an oki dog after a flag show or something?

~nostalgia is the wave of the future~
krayola
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Feb 2007 Posts: 15449 Location: R'lyeh 47°9′S 126°43′W / 47.15°S 126.717°W / -47.15; -126.717
1. For 15 years of my life I lived 2 blocks below the Santa Monica one. I am glad it's gone...very.

2. Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers was there ever day sitting at the benches with smeared lipstick on his mouth most mornings. Total homo and he talked like one as well.

3. Many times while skating buy or getting food some street walking Oki-trash male prostitute would talk some shit and out we'd pull some knives, go get some 2x4's and take swings.

4. Cops were there 3 or 4 times a day either searching for run away teens or some male prostitute knifed some John.

5. I used to wait for the bus right in the front of the place on my way to elementary school and if my brothers were not with me I was told to always go to the next bus stop.

6. I meet my first girlfriend there who was friend with Jane Weedon of the Go-Go's, she was 20 and I was 13 it was after a Black Randy/Weirdos show.

7. First time I ever busted a dudes head open was in the parking lot, some homo pulled a buck knife on my friend, I pulled a 5" piece of steel pipe on a chain. Dude put his hand out to say no hard feelings and as I reached to take it he pulled a knife.

8. I took Natas, Chuck from Bronze Age there back in 1985 and Natas sat on my ramp eating an Okie Dog and I swear I think he was in nirvana.

However I never ate at the one on Fairfax, it looked twice as shady as the one on Santa Monica.

krayola
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Feb 2007 Posts: 15449 Location: R'lyeh 47°9′S 126°43′W / 47.15°S 126.717°W / -47.15; -126.717
And for all those of you who don't know what an Oki Dog is....it's this..

-Grilled Pastrami
- 2 hot dogs.
- Chili
- American Cheese
- French fries inside(optional)

2 or 1 giant floor tortilla holding the soon to be trichinosis attack togeather.

Oki Dogs is mentioned in several pivotal late 70's and early 80's punk songs. The thing is it was a hang out for male prostitutes and was one of the all night places that punks could go to after gigs at The Whiskey or Stardust Ballroom.....however it had 2 other distinctions being that it was a place to buy drugs, and if you didn't have money for drugs you could blow the owner, or some creepy old man in the parking loot for what was called then, Fairy-Dust since only truckers, bikers or male prostitutes used meth.

What started out as a goofy place to go after a show and maybe buy some dope turned into a place most punks never escaped from and from there intravenous meth/cocaine addictions such as Darby Crash of the Germs which was a fixture most nights until his death from an overdose.

To this day West Hollywood residence consider Oki Dogs including the 2 parks that for some reason where only 1 block away from each other being Plumber and Poinsettia recreational parks. The proximity of all 3 gave West Hollywood it's purpose, which was easy access to high camouflage locals for quick sex in what was otherwise a Jewish/Russian community since the 1930's

From 1980 to Oki Dogs closing it was common knowledge that a street walker was not to go farther then 1 block below Santa Monica to the South thus entering L.A. County where Los Angeles didn't have liberal laws for male prostitutes.

In fact Oki Dogs was instrumental in the creation of the City of West Hollywood which existed for two things; 1) a gay parade could occur and 2) so that Oki Dogs could thrive to feed and shelter male prostitutes and pander drugs to street walkers to service the gay population.

smokie
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Your explanation made me Google it.
Sounds like great food after a hangover...has some critics though:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/oki-dog-los-angeles
rightfootforward
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 am Reply with quote
BWAHAHAA

If you like food don't go here. Simply put, it's a dirty, salty gut bomb. If you're constantly getting drunk and eating here you might consider getting serious help.

Sorry punk rockers, but it's best to keep your good 'ol days at the Oki Dog stories to yourselves
'

suck it punk rockers...

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next