SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Dan TAG crappy skate prototypes
Page 1 of 1    

Dan TAG crappy skate prototypes

hank1113
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Tongues are done... shipping these 5 to Ramona today for the Rumble... the next 10 will be done this weekend... need to make some adjustments and print away!

dialing in the screens and colors for tag's new board... these are going to ramona with him... will be screening 10 more for gen pop next weekend... need to adjust a few of the films to trap the colors a bit better... the tongue gets screened red tonight...

when it is all said and done, it will be a 6 color screen!

Last edited by hank1113 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice!

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
first six color deck print...still looks good.

that's a pretty manly task.

~nostalgia is the wave of the future~
hank1113
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
thanks man! I was happy with all my pulls! the registration will tighten up with experience! was most impressed I got 99% of every design with one stroke... the "crappy skates" lettering was what I was worried about the most!

I only have 3 screens so I had to coat, burn, reclaim, coat burn, reclaim! got my light tabled dialed in too with this little run! thanks for doing the separations!

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Nice Hank!
FOOLINK.EU
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:12 am Reply with quote
yo hank, awesome work as always! i know this post is 3 yrs old but i'm sure you'll see my comment eventually...

it says this will be a 6 color job. initially looking at the first photo of the print (the base being pink and lighter pink-where shit cream and eyes will later go) it would be 7 colors. why is there light pink under all the colors?

someone asked if there's a difference between shirt and board artwork separation and you responded that you usually print colors one on top of another. ofcourse due to a possible slight off-registration on decks being concave etc...but you're wasting shitload of color that way.

my question is, since you did the severed monkey head with the shirt art separation technique and you obviously did a rad job that way, wouldn't it be enough to just put a little stroke to the last color in the artwork (in most cases black) to overlap any off-register imperfections of the prior colors, instead of printing undercolors? or if the last color (in both your cases = black) is a really detailed layer that you can't stroke due to loss of details, you could just stroke the prior colors enough to come to a touch or slight overlap?

just asking this, since inks for boards are practically no bleed, would this technique save a lot of ink? ...instead of needing to print a light brown on top of a dark brown on top of a white on top of a light pink... you know what i mean?

sasha

Last edited by FOOLINK.EU on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 am Reply with quote
duh, i forgot there's the red tongue so yea in the end it is a 6 color job, still mainly writing because of the first "base" light pink print under the shit cream and eyes would then make it a 7 color job.

Page 1 of 1