SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Old Food/Resturant Chains that no longer exist.
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Old Food/Resturant Chains that no longer exist.

motorpsycho67
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Grumpy Ol' Bastard wrote:

I dig that style. It's called "Googie" in some circles.

There's still plenty of Googie architecture left in LA.

http://www.you-are-here.com/googie.html

Last edited by motorpsycho67 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MMS
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 03 Jul 2003 Posts: 15098 Location: Heaven or Hell...kinda hard to tell.
Pretty much the mecca of Googie.

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 am Reply with quote
Do any of you people remember Sandy's?

There is still one left in Austin but it is the only one I have ever seen. They rivaled McDonald's when they first opened and still make their burgers the same way today as they did 40 years ago when the place started.

Oh, if you are in Austin then you really should get yourself a Sandy's burger at least once..
GETOCAT
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 am Reply with quote
motorpsycho67 wrote:

How about Pioneer Chicken?

radrob wrote:

there are still pioneer chickens still left,at least the one in boyle heights by soto and whittier blvd..BEST chicken strips ever!!

From wikipedia(no telling how accurate it is)

Pioneer Chicken is an American fried chicken restaurant which was founded in 1974 there are 3 locations remaining in Los Angeles California. It still exists in China as well.

Today Pioneer Chicken operates in China under the name "California Chicken" because the Chinese there tend to pronounce "Pioneer" in a way which is socially undesirable in Chinese society. The pronunciation of "Pioneer Chicken" is similar to the word for prostitution. The chicken is still prepared with the original recipe.

The stores which remain are the original located on Olympic Boulevard near San Vicente and other locations at 904 S. Soto Street, Los Angeles and 6326 Florence Avenue, Bell Gardens

motorpsycho67
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:20 pm Reply with quote
GETOCAT wrote:

The stores which remain are the original located on Olympic Boulevard near San Vicente and other locations at 904 S. Soto Street, Los Angeles and 6326 Florence Avenue, Bell Gardens

I have some friends that live around the corner from the one on Soto. I'll have to hit it up next time I'm over there.
skatekrazed
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Pup n Taco, very fond memories from childhood. Bean and cheese burrito, best ever, can still envision it now. Another fond memory for me was even farther back when I was six and they showed Laurel and Hardy, Keystone Cops and the little hobo with the derby who's name escapes me in the Shakey's Pizza in the shopping center on the corner of Inglewood and 190th in Torrance. Right next to the Alpha Beta where I got caught stealing Reese's and M&m's, the big person hand on your shoulder will change your life. Little kids ski parka in Spring was a bad call.
krayola
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Feb 2007 Posts: 15449 Location: R'lyeh 47°9′S 126°43′W / 47.15°S 126.717°W / -47.15; -126.717
Pun n Taco; Beast beans in a fast food anything of all time hands down.

Shakeys had the best Mojo potatoes, then it was Pioneer battered potato wedges came in second.

Pioneer was better chicken, they used, and still do the pressure pots which economically for cholesterol saves your life by less residual oils in there food. Just taste better. My childhood doctor was across the street from the Soto Pinoneer.

skatekrazed wrote:
Wow, Pup n Taco, very fond memories from childhood. Bean and cheese burrito, best ever, can still envision it now. Another fond memory for me was even farther back when I was six and they showed Laurel and Hardy, Keystone Cops and the little hobo with the derby who's name escapes me in the Shakey's Pizza in the shopping center on the corner of Inglewood and 190th in Torrance. Right next to the Alpha Beta where I got caught stealing Reese's and M&m's, the big person hand on your shoulder will change your life. Little kids ski parka in Spring was a bad call.

chase6
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
Straw Hat Pizza (like Shakeys)

Wimpy's

Showbiz Pizza (like Chuck E. Cheese)
BlockheadSam
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote
Taco Ticos, Rollo Pollo, or Burger Queens.

The first 2 were disgusting, and if I remember correctly Burger Queen turned into Druthers which is also defunct.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 am Reply with quote
i havent seen a steak corral around anywhere ?

Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next