SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  it may not be televised, but it's gonna be on YouTube...
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

it may not be televised, but it's gonna be on YouTube...

skategeezer
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't really post much at this forum, but I've always felt grateful to Slob for putting it up.

I think now is the time to start getting things rolling with it.

The seeds of the revolution within skateboarding have been planted a long time ago. Not just a year or two ago as some might think...but at least 15 years ago.

It's now starting to really happen.

Three years ago at this very forum in a thread entitled "letter to thrasher" you could sense the roots were building.

We're now three years later and the mags are suffering. Thrasher is down to 13,000 subscribers (at least that's the figure Transworld published). And yet websites like this one are impacting people not monthly BUT by the hour or minute.

Where does this culminate? Simple. The over extension - the building of huge warehouses, the creation of too much overstock, the never saving for a rainy day, the expectation that it would always be growing, the belief that you could do no wrong, the attitude that you could screw with the indy shops while at the same chasing the mass market - all of that is coming home to roost.

I can feel it....you can feel it.

Suddenly, people are realizing that they can break free....and be whatever they want in skateboarding.

The next generation is hitting and they see it all...and while they may not embrace it all, they certainly have less issues than their predecessors. About freakin' time.

This is what skateboarding has always been about and why sometimes, it has to die only to be reborn.
slob-air
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63452 Location: S&B HQ
It's not dead yet. It's feeling better.

Yeah, we've got a crop of groms here that are into checking it all out. Not just sponges, they seem to have huge magnetism—and see more as better.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote
i am hoping to be up in the tree to help the roots stay strong . skateboarding is my gateway [s]drug[/s] to the people i want to surround myself with and help out in any way i can. i skateboard for the good of the planet and want to continue to bring peace all around . the people i meet, the places i go irreplaceable . i would never want any 100k office job , blah blah blah , get a job get a job get a job , i dont want to hear it anymore . i have a job and its to let people be happy and healthy. if skateboarding consumes your day , then why polute it with things such as television. non stop bull on that thing . enjoy the planet we live on and help a brother out if he needs helping out . why complicate our lifespan . all "they" want is us as slaves so they can make way to much money. skate , live , repeat.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
thrashers new total of subscribers.... 76,628... i yai yai

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:43 am Reply with quote
Fuckin n00bs.....
jerseygatekeeper
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 am Reply with quote
something wrong with what i said up there?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quote
Not technically, but that was a real old thread and you are a n00b so 1 + 1 = ....

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
one year old isnt that bad on a 10+yr fourm, its still a current topic in my mind . i like i what i saw felt compeled to put in my two cents that i had. nice to be here guys 2011 and still goin strong.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
oh gawd... i have a feeling you and djnednumbskull are going to hit it off and drop some real street, dope, bangin', stupid, mad, fresh, jive knowledge on our old crippled asses.

fuck the world.

~nostalgia is the wave of the future~
slob-air
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote
jerseygatekeeper wrote:
one year old isnt that bad on a 10+yr fourm, its still a current topic in my mind . i like i what i saw felt compeled to put in my two cents that i had. nice to be here guys 2011 and still goin strong.

Nobody is disagreeing. Its just fun to pick on the n00bs sometimes. You'll get to do it eventually.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next