SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  On the topic of pad printing wheels...
Page 1 of 1    

On the topic of pad printing wheels...

dawzilla
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote
Am I a total fool or do you think something similar (forget multicolour registration would be an issue) could be achieved with some sort of clamp?

http://www.fine-tools.com/tischklammer.jpg

couldn't find an image of something I was thinking but i do remember something that allowed wood to be attached to the clamping area (presumably to prevent the clamp from marking the material - i.e wood)

my thoughts were fashioning a dowel big enough for the wheel to slip onto and buying the nicest coloured good wheels I could get my hands on and doing one vibrant colour to make a good starter...

I'm probably an idiot, but hey if you dont voice concepts you dont get places eh?

I would like advice as to the right ink also, ideally something that can be sourced in the uk as we don't always get access to the US brands you guys are privy to.
dawzilla
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote
don't mind me just posting thoughts on the pad construction:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build...t-printing-press/

came accross this for a t-shirt idea someone posted (things that pop up when googling for diy and pad printing) idea is perhaps to do something wheel shaped and with lino.. still the topic of what inks to use? Suggestions (I'm going to go through the 80+ links off here i saved as i remember someone mentioning the us inks the used - im over here in the uk however)

Page 1 of 1