SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Need Help With This Powell Peralta Pig
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Need Help With This Powell Peralta Pig

ukoldschool
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:41 pm Reply with quote
snub nose DOH! Doesnt look like a Gefand lookin at the nose......

Heres my gelfad to compare:

Maybe measure the wheelbase, nose and tail?

J.

[ This Message was edited by: ukoldschool on 2003-08-19 15:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ukoldschool on 2003-08-19 15:45 ]
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the responses sincerly, I'm going to take a truck off and see if anything shows up. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again.......

Edit= The Dragon is indeed Yellow and the trucks were never relocated. The deck has NOT been reshaped. He said he thinks it could be a Hawk from his memory but when I said a Cab, he seemed unsure. Either way, thanks for the responses again.....

Edit2= I'm going to pick his brain even more tonight. The deck looked like it was sanded down to bare wood.I took the front truck off and the same paint was underneath the risers/trucks, so I didn't bother to take the back truck off. I'm/He is not really interested in value ($$$$ wise), I'm just trying to pick his brain for old skate memories. I'm going to have him go to AOS and see if he remembers it by looking at a graphic. Thanks again..... Sincerly CH3NO2JAY

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-08-19 17:44 ]
www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:24 pm Reply with quote
The problem with going by your Gelfand or someone elses for that matter is that many of the early Powells came in multiple shapes and drilling configurations. The Ray Bones came in 3 or 4 set-ups, and the Smith and Gelfand had options too. Unless he finds a perfect match or reads the braille under the paint, he may never know.
ukoldschool
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:45 pm Reply with quote
very true Tim.

I honestly cant see why he cant just figure it out by looking at whats under the paint - cant be hard can it? big tank shaped object=gelfand. Pointy triangle thing=raybone/skull&sword, thing with circle in middle=mcgill f15, blob=cab bearing etc etc etc.........
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:26 pm Reply with quote
UK, In my post above yours, I said it was sanded down then painted. That's why I can't simply look under the paint.
ukoldschool
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:44 am Reply with quote
sorry bro - my bad.
amblue
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:52 am Reply with quote
If all the graphics have been sanded off, then there's no way to find out exactly what the deck was - the pigs were all so similar that there arent any clear distinguishing features you can pick up on from the shape like on later decks.

As such, the value of just the deck is around $50, maybe $70 tops on a good day - if you're interested in just selling the deck, drop me a mail as I wouldnt mind it as a project for something or other.

[email protected]
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses everyone....

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-08-22 18:07 ]

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2