SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Cutting out the fat, keeping in the lean
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Cutting out the fat, keeping in the lean

SkateIndustryWatchdog
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
Lately, my collecting habits are changing up.

I've decided to go for the decks that count and cut back on the less "meaningful" planks to me. This means spending more on the lean and cutting out the fat to concentrate on the lean, if you know what I mean.

Anybody been through this stage in their collecting history? Anybody know what I mean about the fat and the lean?

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I think I understand. Put another way: "g-graytail is tits to deal with. many grats for helping me keep the tigers on the cape hope to session soon." You just scored a sweet-ass salba !
throttle_ninja
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quote
Less is more

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote
Wadester wrote:
I think I understand. Put another way: "g-graytail is tits to deal with. many grats for helping me keep the tigers on the cape hope to session soon." You just scored a sweet-ass salba !
True. The tiger is now roaming my office after breaking out of his shrink wrap. Have grabbed a couple of other gems lately more under the radar and will be avoiding firewood in the future. Have got some things I plan to let go in the coming months.

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quote
Firewood = tempting reissues

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote
SkateIndustryWatchdog wrote:

I think I remember you snagging one of the Santa Cruz Jessee Neptunes when I pulled the trigger too. Tempting reissues, but not firewood IMO. Screened and signed for a legit price from StrangeHouse. No regrets for me.
SkateIndustryWatchdog
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 am Reply with quote
Wadester wrote:

I think I remember you snagging one of the Santa Cruz Jessee Neptunes when I pulled the trigger too. Tempting reissues, but not firewood IMO. Screened and signed for a legit price from StrangeHouse. No regrets for me.
Agreed, not every reish is firewood. I don't have a Hippie Stick though.

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote
"Agreed, not every reish is firewood. I don't have a Hippie Stick though."

My favorite is the Barbee Death to RAGDOLL #7 I scored from hypo88. I think these limited decks (each signed by Sean Cliver) were hurt the hardest by being reissued whole-scale. However, if Powell had not done so then I don't think I could have ever achieved it.
Cdog007
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Lately, my collecting habits are changing up.

I've decided to go for the decks that count and cut back on the less "meaningful" planks to me. This means spending more on the lean and cutting out the fat to concentrate on the lean, if you know what I mean.

Anybody been through this stage in their collecting history? Anybody know what I mean about the fat and the lean?

Yeah me too, right now i am just focusing on roskopps, my dads old boards and a few pigs. I havnt got any thing new in like a month or 2. Need to find something soon or i may assassinate my self
72ss454
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
After reading this thread and deciding that I regret a few of my purchases, I have posted the majority of my collection for sale on here. It hurts letting go, but selling five decks in a couple of hours makes me feel a little better.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next