SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Selling deck need advice...
Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Selling deck need advice...

Finndog
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I have a Jeff Grosso Alice and Wonderland deck that I had bought through a buddy who also sold me Salba Witch Doctor deck. Needles to say man is very lucky and has many original decks all in mint condition. He has let go of a few that he has doubles or triples of. Now this Grosso was one I wanted to put on ebay, not knowing much other then what info I could grab from Art of Skating I contacted NHS and SCS. Through NHS who I sent pictures and info to they put me intouch with Dave Freil who made the deck. When all said in done they confirmed it was indeed legit and said I could probably get a high dollar via ebay.

Well with all the homework done I placed on ebay. I researched the sales of other originals and came to a price of $4k. Been a lot of traffic on this deck and have had a few watchers. Since I have posted this deck a few people have messaged that my deck is fake and I know this not to be true. It is a true SC deck, has old truck pattern, and has been reviewed by SCS. Some of the people have asked about a number stamp, well my Salba doesn't have one, this Grosso doesn't, and for that matter not all originals do. Even the rep. at SCS said there original Rob I on the wall in the office didn't. I'm not trying to rip anyone off and I've been trying to look for answers on how to reassure a bidder he or she is safe. I even have asked SCS if I could have the deck sent down to them and sent back with some sort of Cert. here was the reply I got.

"Hello,

Well, If Dave said it's an original, it's an original. I know Dave would kill anyone who tried to print up a few tribute decks. It wouldn't happen! Dave hasn't made any of these decks in quite a while. You got yourself the real deal. We haven't printed up any Grosso decks for a long, long time. He rides for Black Label and we don't want to bum him out in any way. I don't believe it would get you anywhere further by sending that board into us. We're really busy, and can't do much more than tell you that you have an original. Sorry man...

Sincerely,

Contact,
NHS, Inc...

>>> <[email protected]> 8/17/2009 10:41 AM >>>
Well I researched this deck I have, the Grosso. I know it's a Santa Cruz, the shape, size, quality all the things to look for are there. Talking to you and getting more info through Dave has helped. However I need more proof to shoot down critics that say it's just a tribute deck. Please is there a trusted contact within SCS I can send the deck into to confirm the origin of this deck and put an end to questioning. I have original 80's decks and know this one is a real Santa Cruz just need verification. I could send paid shipping to and from round trip, please help.

Thanks"

What would you advise??????
Thanks for any help you can give.

Titletownjeff
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
You are certainly in the right place to get the facts straight.....better pictures of the top and bottom would help.
Chip DeLam
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote
PLEASE POST better Photos of BOTH decks
buzzbuzz
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
He has better pics here....

http://bulldogskates.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=3624451
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Finndog
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
thanks for any help, seems like a sore topic on other forums? Anyways this place has been the most receptive.

Thanks again for any help.
DILLINGERxCAPE
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Finndog wrote:

all I can say is WOW! dude... never seen any like that before.
Shoulda been included in the D2 "proto" section?
Finndog
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Here's a email Dave sent me when we got to talking in the beginning, I sent pictures and was trying to track back origins.

"This pic is of a deck I must have printed for one of the riders.It's hard for me to tell what shape it is.If it has some numbers or letters by the truck holes,then e-mail those to me and I can tell you more.Also if I could see the whole shape better I could know more.I use to print these all the time for riders.Sometime they don't get rode,and they end up on walls.There isn't too many out there,and as long as the truck holes are the old pattern then it's a rare board. late DWF"

again another email....

"Dude I sent out a reply a week or so ago.I have been up in Oregon for the last week.
I printed this board for a rider back in the 80's.I had asked you if there was any numbers stamped in between the truck holes?These numbers help tell what shape it is.There isn't very many of those around.We only made them for a bit.Then we (NHS) got sued from Disney.

late

DWF"

Well I don't know how, else to prove this decks legit, just might have to keep this one. My heads starting to hurt....

Thanks again to all
willymaze20five
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
that shape looks spot on to a moose old school blank

same concave and kicknose

that deck is a shite repro worth about 40 bucks

i think we have another 7k deck thread about to explode

ive seen a white with blk version of your deck sell for about 40.00 not 4k

do your self a favor and put it on ebay

plus that salba appears to be on the same moose blank shape.....that looks like a repro too

i hope you didnt pay to much them

http://willymaze20five.webs.com/
Finndog
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote
So even if SCS and the guy that actually screened the deck give me a ok on the legit side of things I still need to question? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here I'm trying to learn a bit regarding these decks. I've never had to worry about this shit. Trying to be fair to myself as a seller and fair to the buyer. I'm not dying for the money, trying to do whats right . It's not like I can do a DNA sample. As far as the white one, Dave never said he did a white one.
mosu101
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quote
perhaps you should put it on ebay and let the market give you its answer.

It would appear that there is skepticism as to its authenticity which should be heard unless you unrealistically expect people to throw bundles of cash at you.

Mind you that shouldnt matter as you stated on another forum you had no intention of selling the decks. They look nice so as long as your happy its all good

Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next