SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  RAMPS  »  Extension/Tombstone...add on.
Page 1 of 1    

Extension/Tombstone...add on.

simshardcore
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Oct 2005 Posts: 6816 Location: Virginia Beach still has no waves!
Who has added an extension or tombstone to and already built mini ramp. I want to add one without cutting a section of coping, etc... Just lay it right over the coping and it'll sit on the deck. I also want to be able to move it from spot-spot since we have goofy and regulars in the house. Any suggestions? Thanks.

simshardcore
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Do I need to change my name to rampman???

rampman73
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Apr 2009 Posts: 5555 Location: In your backyard skating, PA
I actually tried doing that last fall. Built a one foot high extension box w/ metal coping. Put it down on the deck, aligned everything up, screwed it down. Grabbed the board, dropped in and went for an axle stall and wound up almost getting hurt! Attempted a couple times and gave up also tried doing a fakie but the back wheels wouldn't roll over the existing coping in between the ramp and box.

Problem to me was the coping, just couldn't roll over it unless you switch to 65mm wheels or higher. Took it down after 1 day, just couldn't get it to work. I had decided to wait till spring when I was already planning to do the connector part. I moved the coping over four feet to the new part and then properly added the extension. Now it works nice and smooth
simshardcore
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I hear what you're saying about the coping. I was going to lap the surface of the extension over the coping. My real concern is how to fade the extension surface sheet unto the ramp eliminating the cha-chink.

rampman73
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Apr 2009 Posts: 5555 Location: In your backyard skating, PA
Might be best to use a thin sheet of steel/metal like 1/16'' or 1/8'' and overlap the whole thing. Probably feel a slight hump but it's the only thing I can think of without having to make major changes.

Page 1 of 1