SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Warped decks
Page 1 of 1    

Warped decks

jimmiemutts
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. A lot of the decks in my shop are starting to warp. Some are only very slightly warped, while others are more noticeably twisty if you close one eye and look down the length of the deck.

Does warping affect a deck's performance? If so, to what degree?
What do you guys do when something like this happens to your stock?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
TonyB
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
Sounds like you need to do something about the atmosphere in your shop if all the decks are warping - to dry or to humid, or has to much change in temperature.

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote
Thanks TonyB! So what do other shop owners do with their warped decks? Sell 'em anyway? Sell 'em at a discount? Do distributers take 'em back? Any opinions?
brianzig
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
jimmiemutts wrote:
Thanks TonyB! So what do other shop owners do with their warped decks? Sell 'em anyway? Sell 'em at a discount? Do distributers take 'em back? Any opinions?

I would definitely start looking into the atmosphere of your shop as suggested. It shouldn't be happening that often. Also, how are you displaying the boards? That will have an impact as well (are they getting full sun, ect). Most manufacturers will stand behind their boards if it's the occasional defect, but if it is happening to a lot of boards, I would imagine they would want you to look into things on your end to see what is causing it to prevent it in the future. We have rarely had defective deck and only one of those was warped because it was used in a window display. Even on that one, when the rep found out he sent a replacement at no charge. Since we've had so few warp or delaminate, we just hang them on the walls for display. Personally, I wouldn't sell them if I knew it was warped.
notus
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Posts: 90 Location: North Augusta South Carolina
I had an episode of warpedness once because the ac went out and it hit about 90 here. Once I realized it I took them all home and offered the warped ones for cost after letting them know they were warped. Most kids say they don't mind the warp and some say it straigtens out after a while. I need some cheap warped decks right now to make chairs out of I got an email from a distributor who had warped blanks for 6.50 when I call them the price had gone up to 10 bucks. I would like to use these for chairs not skating find any cheap ones let me know.

Page 1 of 1