SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Who's still in Business?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Who's still in Business?

krausen
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I went back through the threads and most companies that were around last year or a few years before are now all gone. Just curious who is still around and what you offer???

I know people are always looking for services and it would be nice to know who has survived for some time.
slob-air
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Who is gone?

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
I am new on this site and I have been reading and reading posts upon posts and it seems every link to someones site is no longer there.

So maybe they are not gone but they have moved....
slob-air
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote
I can't think of anyone that shut down. They are prone to wander aimlessly though.

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
we are shutting down..Hero Skateboards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boss
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
we're alive and kicking, and staying busy!
slob-air
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Herosk8 wrote:
we are shutting down..Hero Skateboards

You're missing a great opportunity. This stage of the cycle is when things start getting interesting.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Posts: 90 Location: North Augusta South Carolina
My shop got an option to take a smaller space in the same location and I jumped on it. I am offering price points and making smaller orders to keep the door open. I still have pro model stuff just not as much of it. Things are tight and when the internet is full of 100.00 completes it's pretty hard to compete unless I do a lot of shopping on my end. I would rather sell a set of Indy raws than colorways. I am leaning more toward what the industry is offering in terms of price points and it looks like skate one and skate season are kicking major butt. The old Bam days are over it's not so much about the rider who's name is on your deck as it is how you ride your deck the way it should be they have Air Jordans for that type of support sorry but that's the way it is. I would rather have my money invested in 10 or 20 decks that I can move fast rather than 10 or 20 decks that guys wish they could afford. I have most of my own personal collection on the wall at the shop not for sale and I get the most feedback on my stuff but talk don't pay the rent a Mini Logo is as good as any other 8" deck and it's not a China blank. Wheels are mostly Spitfires because they move and last until they become bearing condoms without going blanks. Trucks are mostly raw, bearings are at least abec 5 and decks are not from China. I hope this works out so I can keep the hired help, pay the bills and keep supplying the crowd I'm the last shop in town.
O.K. I'm through bashing China how about the latest news from Pyongyang? Kim Jon Ill won his election by 100% this is also the guy who came in at like 38 under par on his first golf game with many hole in ones.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Anyone that sells you ABEC 5 bearings (and up) is committing fraud. And they're almost all made in Asia now anyway.

Awful lot of those pro decks are made in China as well.

Wheels and trucks too.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote
we decided to not go away after all, but we are taking a break for 1 year so we can come back better than we were before with all new graphics and products.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next