SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  longboards: what do i need to know
Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

longboards: what do i need to know

childish gambino
Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quote
www.skullskates.com

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:58 pm Reply with quote
i would steer away from the gravity boards. from my experience, the wood was rather soft and flexy(harharhar). For carving it is okay, but for bowlriding stay away. Dont forget TVS and BDS.
lightnin'
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:37 am Reply with quote

Last edited by lightnin' on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:46 am Reply with quote
theshralpster wrote:
i would steer away from the gravity boards. from my experience, the wood was rather soft and flexy(harharhar). For carving it is okay, but for bowlriding stay away. Dont forget TVS and BDS.

you tried the brad edwards model. that one is MADE to be flexy. i have ridden many other gravitys which were very strong. a 40" 7 ply board with super thin plys is going to be flexy. BE prefers lightness over stiffness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
theshralpster
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:21 am Reply with quote
i talked to him about it, he said it was intended to have rocker but it wasnt upposed to flex as much as it did. he isnt a big guy so it is fine for him. whatever. I would say afroman makes some of the strongest decks out there, why bother.
civilian2b
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
good stuff all the way around, thanks again

@ lgsp

thanks for the offer..
btw how long is nino's (sp?) board? that looks like a decent size for the pools/bowls
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:29 pm Reply with quote
that is the 40 inch Brad edwards board. you are pretty small so it wouldnt be too bad for you. but i would suggest something else. i was thinking about it, and if you like the BE size, then you should try the Pocket Pistols Duane Peters longboard. it is super sick and made by Madrid, so you know its good quality (as you are riding one).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JD
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:51 pm Reply with quote
i don't have anything to compare but i've had alot of fun on the sma red that i traded with theshralpster. i traded on a whim not thinking i'd use it other than a cruiser but i started hitting curbs and parking blocks with it and it was too much fun. so i took it to a small park and it was fully functional on a 5' mini. haven't brought it to the bowl yet but i bet it would be a great concrete flow bowl rider. and like FOS said about his yellow SMA, this thing is solid.

just another suggestion...
theshralpster
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quote
yeah that was a sick board...but i downsized what i was riding. glad your diggin it JD.
WEDGE
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2001 Posts: 2176 Location: Hebron , Connecticut
HUSTLER.........MMMMMMM

Randalls RULE on transition stuff...throw the 180's on there and show your friends what it means to be able to turn a longboard.

Gravity.......cool shapes.....spongy wood .....Afromans are stiffer than hell...and thats a good thing.

Are we gonna get hooked up with some stickers of that new KILLER Hustler graphic when we re-up with you senor Stubbs??? Maybe a tee would sell nice...hint hint

Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next