SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  newest f13 longboard!!!! speeeeed!
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

newest f13 longboard!!!! speeeeed!

letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quote
this...board...rocks!
set it up with some seismics and avalons... awesome. that setup worked real well for longboard slalom, but i have some randall dh's for downhill coming
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MileHighSkates
Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
seth,

we're getting ready to order some 3dm/seismic wheels -- want anything special?
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:57 pm Reply with quote
why, now that you ask, pick up some avalons and avilas, im sure there are many out there who would love them. cambrias are too small for the decks you sell, but if you start selling ts decks, then cambrias would be a good stock item as well. At first, i would carry two sets of each duro and see what sells. I have a strong feeling black avalons will be one of your best sellers. im too much of a pussy for those on most courses, but they are fun nonetheless. i could use a set of new avalons and seismics, but i need to hold back a little right now. Im at the point where my buying Park/pool stuff to slalom stuff is at a 10:1 ratio, respectively. also, i only have a month left till i go off to my summer job which is a skateboard teacher, and there wont be much, if any, room for slalom.

[ This Message was edited by: letsgoskatepool on 2004-05-03 00:57 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
xrudox
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quote
i'm gonna' step to one of those soon,any suggestions of what trucks to use and where to get them from?shops around here don't stock shit.

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:16 pm Reply with quote
depends on what you are doing. i am switching off. for cruising and longboard slalom and small downhill, i am using seismic 155s with avalons and for big downhill i am using randall downhills with cherry bombs.
xrudox
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
as he old s.c. video said"...theres no hills in ohio!".i'd need a down the street/small hill set up.got some grimeballs on the way,just looking into trucks.

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:36 pm Reply with quote
ooh okay. i would suggest getting the smaller model. i dont think grime balls would be the best wheels for this no matter what you are riding. i think you should try out the red kross emergency wheels with seismics.
atxJIMatx
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:09 am Reply with quote
yeah, i'd suggest much bigger and much softer wheels for something like this.. more like 70mm 78-85a....
check out http://www.abec11.com
as far as trucks,
randal 150's or 180's
seismic 155's or 180's
Wide indy's work (especially if you wedge the crap out of them)
I'm sure the Grimeballs are gonna be killer, but putting em on something like this is doing a dis-service to the deck AND the wheels.........
xrudox
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote
cool.the shop in clevo has the abec11's,but i dont have a clue on where to get those seismecs(sp?)

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
http://www.milehighskates.com will have them by tuesday. get the 155 size with the 30 degree for the back and the 45 degree in the front. you buy each truck seperately

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2