SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  old downhill poster
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

old downhill poster

ask the doctor
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:29 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
[img]
[/img]
The Green Monkey
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Awesome. I was at RoadAmerica last weekend and they could host some badass races there as well.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quote
RoadAmerica is an awesome track for downhill. I raced there, but not on a skateboard.

Sears Points turn four down thru turn five and the carasel would be an incredible run also.

slowest downhill ever?..........

[img]
[/img]

I went from doing this at laguna seca....

to doing this at laguna seca.......

motorpsycho67
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quote
You skate the corkscrew Doc?
ask the doctor
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quote
motorpsycho67 wrote:

fuck yes. yer talkin' suicide. thanks for asking because that skate race went backwards on the track from, at the time, the top of turn five down thru turn four. the corkscrew was turn six and going the other way. before the race started, myself and hutson tested the corkscrew for possibilities and it was crazy fast. the track continues downhill all the way to turn eight. even if you could make it a thousand yards you'd be going sixty or seventy easily. impossible unless your on some crazy luge machine with foot rubber for brakes.

that racecar photo of me is at the top of the corkscrew. check the nose. a few laps earlier this dumb chick driver spun right in the middle of the corkscrew, [about ten feet after this shot ] and was dead in the road facing right at me. I sweved, jumped the curb, and flew all the way over the island. finished 4th. [more body work]
motorpsycho67
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quote
ask the doctor wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:

fuck yes. yer talkin' suicide. thanks for asking because that skate race went backwards on the track from, at the time, the top of turn five down thru turn four. the corkscrew was turn six and going the other way. before the race started, myself and hutson tested the corkscrew for possibilities and it was crazy fast. the track continues downhill all the way to turn eight. even if you could make it a thousand yards you'd be going sixty or seventy easily. impossible unless your on some crazy luge machine with foot rubber for brakes.

that racecar photo of me is at the top of the corkscrew. check the nose. a few laps earlier this dumb chick driver spun right in the middle of the corkscrew, [about ten feet after this shot ] and was dead in the road facing right at me. I sweved, jumped the curb, and flew all the way over the island. finished 4th. [more body work]

I've gone to the MotoGP the last two years and watched from the corkscrew. I don't see how those guys do it. A left hander to an off camber right that drops 300 feet is nuckin futs at those speeds.

I knew a guy when I worked at Honda that took the corkscrew at speed in a box van one time.

I'd love to give it a try on my bike.
ask the doctor
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
motorpsycho67 wrote:
I knew a guy when I worked at Honda that took the corkscrew at speed in a box van one time.

hah! thats bitchin. we used to race beer cans down it. line up about six or seven at the top and they'd make both turns all by themselves.

yeah that track on a bike would be to die for. I rode my kawi to the downhill that day back in '80 but couldnt get it on the track. who knew that six years later I'd have several hundred hours of track time and come to know the place like the back of my hand. not to mention having crashed many times and spent several thousand dollars doing so. hahahha.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63459 Location: S&B HQ
ask the doctor wrote:

Such a killer image. It's too bad Thrasher has forgotten its roots.

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
It's too bad Thrasher has forgotten its roots

hehheh. I knew I'd be able to use this image eventually.
motorpsycho67
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:00 am Reply with quote
ask the doctor wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:

hah! thats bitchin. we used to race beer cans down it. line up about six or seven at the top and they'd make both turns all by themselves.

yeah that track on a bike would be to die for. I rode my kawi to the downhill that day back in '80 but couldnt get it on the track. who knew that six years later I'd have several hundred hours of track time and come to know the place like the back of my hand. not to mention having crashed many times and spent several thousand dollars doing so. hahahha.

I'd love to do a track day there someday.

My dad's done a couple laps there in an old E type Jag. Bet that was a hoot.

Screw Six Flags and Disneyland. Gimme an '08 CBR600RR and let me loose at Laguna!

Would that bike you rode there be the same KZ650 you still have?

I wish I still had my old '78 KZ650. It was painted Eddie Lawson/Muzzy green and had a sweet sounding Kerker on it.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next