SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Magazine Advertising
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Magazine Advertising

oasis
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:37 am Reply with quote
I'm looking at running some ads in smaller local zines, something thats not too costly.

Does anyone here advertise in magazines? If so which ones and how are their rates? Is it worth it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dowdy
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:44 am Reply with quote
My advice is go to there website of the magazine and they should have a rate for you online if not e-mail allways work.
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I talked to these guys and they told me they will take a couple of products for a giveway in exchange ....maybe like a deck and a couple of shirts or something:
http://www.makeshiftskateboards.com

Another kinda small company will trade a link for an ad in their video magazine. Its just starting so i'd check with them for more info.. Talk to Kyle.
http://www.debutvm.com

[/code][/url][/url]

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I do a zine outta North CArolina. I accept ads in exchange for product or money. Smaller companies can usually flow a deck easier than they can shell out $30. You can check it out @ oursforthetakingsk8zine.8m.com
It covers te basics. Get in touch for Ad rates,
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:34 am Reply with quote
Hey Oasis, I was gonna run an ad in Paying In Pain but money was tight. I was looking for someone to split the ad with and made a post about it but nobody was down. Gonna run one next time. They release one every 3 months. They print on newpaperish material.

2 page b/w $285
1 page b/w $150
2 page color $450
1 page color $250
1/2 page b/w $100
1/4 page b/w $65

The mag is 10"x8" and about 5,000 are printed. They are distributed by Tower Records internationally and all over the US by independent distributors.

Hit them up, they will send you a copy to check out. The issue I got has an ad by Consolidated and an ad from Sacrifice. So its big and small at the same time.

Hope I helped
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
Yo Oasis ...I feel you bout the cost thing. Geez, i've gotten media kits in from a lot of major magazines and its rediculous, but i guess not too farfetched b/c a lot u have to be put on a waiting list for. Average i found for Transworld/Thrasher/Skateboard Mag/Skateboarder Magazine was around $5,000. craziness. If I were you id run an ad with either check it out mag or Slap! Check it out is all girl but they have a pretty big audience and Slap is some sub mag of transworld im not sure, but im not sure.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quote
Thrashcan,

What size did you want to split. I'm familiar with that mag. Paul with Annex sent me a couple. It seams kinda sketchy though- like I have issue #13 and I got it at least a year ago and I don't think they have put one out since.

Not to mention there are some gnarly black stripes going down the middle of some pages.

They have some quality skating in there though. I might run a nice little 1/4 page B&W and work form there.

I might be down to splt a full page color with you if you're down.

Fedup,

Can you hook up a link to this girls mag. I'm totally down with the girl skating scene and I'd like to see what they're about.

As for SLAP- that's probably one of the bes mags out there right now. I think a full page might run like 3Gs. Too rich for my blood. They have kits on their site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThrashCan
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quote
well we can split a full b/w page for $75 each. Its cheaper than doing half pages seperatly and just a bit more then a 1/4 page. We can split it hot dog style or hamburger style (a little something I picked up in elem. school (long way, short way))

I have no idea what I'm doing for the ad as I dont know what we're doing next deck wise. We'll see what happens and will work from there.

Take it easy
Dave
USC
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
www.checkitoutmag.net

you can download the media kit there too. peace,
oasis
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking of running a 1/3 pager in Check Out for April/May. Looks like a super good girls mag.

Dave,

Let's do this. I'll contact them and see about the deadlines and whatnot. Hopefully they won't mind us splitting one.

SO START BRAINSTORMING!!! I'll drop you an email once I get some more info.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next