SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HARDCORE PUNK & SKATE ROCK  »  new rancid
Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

new rancid

xrudox
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:12 pm Reply with quote
kinda sucks imo.anyone else heard it?

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:30 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Haven't heard it, but I thought the last one sucked ass too.

sixpack
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:18 pm Reply with quote
it's TOO clean...I though the black and white s/t wasnt too bad at all! Pretty decent (for Rancid, that is) in the fact that most of the songs were fast, Tim and Lars sounded ripped on a few tracks and it wasn't polished whatsoever.
Gusto
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:27 pm Reply with quote
not used to the new one yet, the last one was OK at best, i dont think theyll ever be like they used to. either way they are one of my favorite bands to see live.
el yori
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:30 am Reply with quote
is the worst of all and sucks hard.
rancid = sellouts
why are kelly osbourne and that sucker from good charlotte in the first promo video??
to sell more copies...
in the last record times they said not going to do videos,interviews ,any promo,because the media sucks.ok.
now they are on mtv again
fuck them
Gusto
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:27 am Reply with quote
this is a touchy subject that everyone could argue for hours, but rancid, even though tim is doing that gay new project and they may have some pop punk little rock stars helpin sell records hardly makes them sellouts.

the whole point of doing this is to sell records and put food on their table. i dont see them all over mtv. i see good charlotte, blink, etc...but never rancid. and if they are on the video wont hang around for more than a few months.

social d has been on mtv, dropkick, usbombs, ramones, etc etc. are they all sellouts? hardly.

even though things have changed (they are all grown up now and their goals may be different after all) and even if i dont agree with what theyre doing now rancid is a solid group that has given alot and are now on the recieving end.

more power to them.

and they STILL put on one of the best live shows ever. they know how to have fun.
el yori
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:39 pm Reply with quote
its not the fact of being in mtv,its all the rest of things that makes them sellouts.
all you have said about selling records,blah,blah,is good for a pop band but remember rancid is PUNK(punk=antisystem).if you think blink ,charlotte and all this shit got something to do with punk...
just look at the facts,tim amstrong has lost his north,he is doing a record for pink...FUCK him!!!!
i been listening to rancid since lets go!! and is the first time i feel shame...at the end they are acting like the most of american punks i know,when there is money around the cause drops out the window.
...and i said american punks,not hardcores...
they are not doing all this shit to make a living,its for keep theyr rich lifestyle,remember how many records they selled with ...and out come the wolves and how many have selled since then.
el yori
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:40 pm Reply with quote
...oh, and first of all the record is by far THE WORST ,thats a fact...
zodiac13
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Let me tell you something. Tim has no problem putting food on his table. The honest money he sees from the OPIV album alone is astounding. Seriously, you wouldn't believe it. Now, I'm not saying a fella can't make a living, but, I have to agree that having a guest spot by the Good Charlotte fuck, and that talentless piglet, Kelly Osbourne, is such a thinly veiled grab for the goods. It's sad when the people with actual credibility have to resort to using the flavor of the month, just to get by. Fuck that.

"Out come the wolves!!!"

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2003-09-22 18:39, el yori wrote:
its not the fact of being in mtv,its all the rest of things that makes them sellouts.
all you have said about selling records,blah,blah,is good for a pop band but remember rancid is PUNK(punk=antisystem).if you think blink ,charlotte and all this shit got something to do with punk...
just look at the facts,tim amstrong has lost his north,he is doing a record for pink...FUCK him!!!!
i been listening to rancid since lets go!! and is the first time i feel shame...at the end they are acting like the most of american punks i know,when there is money around the cause drops out the window.
...and i said american punks,not hardcores...
they are not doing all this shit to make a living,its for keep theyr rich lifestyle,remember how many records they selled with ...and out come the wolves and how many have selled since then.

sorry holmes, but never said nor implied good charlotte, blink etc is punk or ever will be.

(and everyones been listening to rancid since then, and theyve been doing MTV since then, and working the label since then. dont you think there was a point of doing it all?? no holier than though jibberish please.)

and can you blame a bunch of OC gutter fucks to want to live the rich lifestyle now that they can?? we sold alot of records and made alot of money...LETS BE POOR AGAIN SO PEOPLE DONT CALL US SELLOUT!!!! ummm. no

i personally will never knock anyone for wanting the better lifestyle and living the american dream.

if punk=antisystem then dont bother hangin out here in an online internet forum. sorry to say most of us "punks" or whatever you want to label anyone have gotten real jobs, cars, houses, and familes. guess we're all sellouts for wanting something more.

no ill will towards anyone, this is just our opinions, but dont sit on a computer preaching antisystem online. and i also hope youre typing all that from a ceral box computer made from foil and hubcabs and other trash, cuz lord knows it isnt punk to own a PC...MAC or whatever. i hope you dont own a car, or a house, or have an apt...oh and also your website. its all the sytem my man. everything you said would be a slight contradiction.

otherwise, you arent one to judge. cuz youre part of that system weather you like it or not.

FUCK THE SYSTEM!!!

whatever. spare me the hippie bullshit.

my 2 cent.

PS--youve done some super nice work, if im ever out there in spain we can debate while youre drillin my skin.

Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next