SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  anyone looking to sponsor
Page 5 of 8    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

anyone looking to sponsor

kodywalker
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
well all my stuff is on this computer and i dont have a dvd burner. so that excluded me from it. I have stuff on http://youtube.com/my_videos.php
but that is about it. It is about 5 minutes of stuff. And i never thought you were joking ever, honest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hwwalters
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:30 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
kodywalker wrote:
yes i do. i am POOR how many times do i have to say this. I cant even afford a new deck. My family cant even afford christmas presents. So i am sorry to have to mention this again. Do you know how bad it sucks to know that when i wake up on christmas morning all i get to do is get on here again like always. It is basically just another regular day for me. So i think i have a right to bitch about where i live. and redlodge i almost an hour past billings and it takes 2 hours to get to billings from here and to what see some more snow. Ohh yeah and one more thing so you can remember this everyone my whole family is POOR. so rub it in so mire you fucking assholes(that statement only goes to those who are being assholes and you and everyone else knows who they are).

I think that was aimed right at me. And guess what? It smarts a tad, little buddy. But let me tell you a story and see if we can find some common ground.

There once was a first-time offender that was sent to a maximum security prison on trumped-up charges of vehicular manslaughter. He spent his days and nights telling anyone who would listen that he was innocent of the crimes. He felt the judge and a jury of his peers hadn't listened to his side of the story. He went on and on about "me, me, me" until...guess what?

A saucy young inmate with a fire in his belly and a song in his heart shivved that poor first-time offender in the showers.

The moral? There isn't one. I just like telling that story.
steve-g
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
kodywalker wrote:
yeah i had a job during the summer, but in the winter it is hard for me to get a job because i dont feel like walking to work 2 miles at the least there and back. Especially after school when it is colder because it is dark outside. So in the summer i will try and find a job again, but until then it is being poor. and asking someone for something could be considered as taking the first step or not
-kody

C'mon, dude. This is no excuse. I know women in Romania that get up at 4am, walk 3km in -15 Celsius to sew garments for $1 a day. They also don't feel like walking, but they do it because if they didn't they would starve.

I think you have two choices:

1: get a job
2: don't get a job

If you choose the former you'll be able to help your parents with the rent and maybe get a board soon also.

If you choose the latter you'll remain poor.

It's your choice, but quit complaining about it when the only reason you're in this situation is because you lack motivation. You should be out there everyday looking.
lilsheeda
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Fucking poor - boo hoo...many of us have been there and my own sob stories don't matter cause I picked up my boot straps. There's many that would/have flowed to people in your situation...your tough words can create more enemies than friends.
kodywalker
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
well i have been trying to get a job as of lately. basically joined the polar bear bycicle club. i still havent got a call from any of the places i applied. So i am trying and i do have motivation. And i am not trying to make enemies i just dont think people should say negative stuff uless they wanna hear it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sidewalk surfur
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Prove it through your actions. That's all there really is to it. It's for you & your future's benefit, not any of ours. You should take some of the advice you have been given. Keep looking until you find a job. Not getting called back feels like shit, but just keep putting out the applications & forget about the negatives. It's amazing what a decent attitude and outlook will do for you.

Quit looking for handouts too. If it's gonna come to ya, it'll come to ya when it's time. Concentrate on your skating & style of skating. It's like talking without words. If you can express yourself through your skating and enjoy it for what it is, you'll get more out of it than any sponsorship could ever give you.

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jan 2002 Posts: 5027 Location: East coast now....gypsy..
I got a job delivering papers when I was 12 to pay for my boards, my folks were poor and so on, dude, I rode my bike uphills with alot of newspapers, and even on Sundays when my dad was still drunk in the morning to deliver the big heavies, I took the fucking car, I was 12. I'm not saying steal a car or whatever, but you can get a job.When I was 17 I was sponsored and rode for some big companies at that time.I rode with some of the LEGENDS, because I skated everyday after school and work.I worked to get where I am now,34 years old, father of 2 soon to be 3, I get to draw for some big companies because skateboarding BURNS in me THAT MUCH. I love it so much, I WORKED FOR IT! I love skateboarding so much that I have to stay on it,I have to stay involved in it.I know what its like being poor, and I know how anyone, if they want can get out of any situation they are in,IF THEY WANT TO.You cna get a job, snow?big deal, put on a jacket and some thermals, I've lived in snow before.Toughen it up, otherwise its gonna sound like youu're asking for a handout, I really felt like sending you a board, but after reading this.....Send Skinny a video.He'll probably send you a board, I dont know.Dude,get a job, if you love it half as much as I do, you'd get a job,2-3-4 miles,you wouldnt care,you'd want that job,however shitty it was to get boards, or whatever.Keep your chin up, put on some warm clothes and start walking, get that job.
kodywalker
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote
yeah, i am working on getting a job now. and i went and skated today because the snow was melted enough. I am hopefully going filming tomorow for a friends video. If i do i will try and get the video from him and post it on here. He doesnt get to great of angles most the time so you will have to bear with me.

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote
So how was your Christmas Kody?

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
If you get chilly, heed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=_vIRE6UWgLU&search=aaron%20kyro

Page 5 of 8    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next