SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HARDCORE PUNK & SKATE ROCK  »  what is the best show anyone has seen?
Page 3 of 10    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

what is the best show anyone has seen?

24-hour-pool-service
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:56 am Reply with quote
The best show I saw was the Dennis Danell Tribute show.

Nick
Clay Hutz
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, kingpat. I've seen Crash Worship twice here in Chicago. Once it was in this small club that they're permanently barred from now, and the second time was in the back yard of an abandoned house in the middle of the ghetto. I think some squatters lived there. CW played a little after midnight, and you could hear occasional gunshots just down the alley. That was a pretty good show. It's too bad that band got so blown out of proportion because of that stupid hippie-fest in the desert. The whole tribal thing was getting pretty tired anyway.
dipteeth
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:44 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I've heard of crispus attucks. never seen them though. I did see Fugazi at chesapeake high school circa 1990. among other times. best show had to be Bad religion/All show at the old 9:30 in d.c.. That placed rocked for a show....
Dipteeth
curbdog
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:27 pm Reply with quote
MURDER CITY DEVILS tour last fall completely kicked my ass as did CAVE IN last month. Return of the RAWK!!! AT THE DRIVE IN rocked my world this past summer.
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 11:42 am Reply with quote
I saw so many cool shows, it's hard to pick one. My first punk show was the Ramones in 1979 at UCI's crawford hall. That was really cool. I hung out at the cookoos nest and saw just about every cool band in the early 80's, Social D, TSOL, flipper, seen seconds, ect ect. My roommates were in a band called MIA, a group that was always just on the verge of blowing up but never quite made it. But hanging with them I went to so many shows I can't remember them all. It was always a good time when the Vandels played the nest cause every one would get fired up and start yelling things at the rednecks at Zubies, the bar next door to the nest.
willieleon
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 11:46 am Reply with quote
thought I was logged in. that last post was from me.
www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:02 pm Reply with quote
The Bad Brains at the WUST radio hall (currently the 9:30 Club).

The show began with HR jumping off the balcony (had to be 15 feet up) and rolling onto his feet as the song began. They cranked out some of the best harDCore ever heard before or since. One other DC band came close to the Brains intensity. Zip and the Uncanny. I saw their final show at DC Space. They basicly broke up on stage after a couple songs. Great memories though...
kingpat
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:10 am Reply with quote
speaking of dc bands, you can't forget void!!!
www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Void definitely put on a hell of a show. I wasn't a huge dischord fan. I definitely liked several of the bands (Faith, Void, Scream, and even Minor Threat when Ian stopped preaching long enough to play some songs), but I never shaved my head, stopped doing drugs and eating meat. That Peace Punk shit is almost as stoopid as rap. Give me a big fat doobie and New York strip. Mmmmmm....
itsonlymoney!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2001 Posts: 1730 Location: Alternative Ulster -Belfast N.Ireland
Being from Belfast I have to say STIFF LITTLE FINGERS at the Ulster hall feb?1979
But ANTI-PASTI where a very close second they where backing the UK SUBS who are the worst I've ever seen charlie harper fell of stage on the 3rd song and was never seen again,
Honorable mentions go to
Undertones & Ramones
These days I,m more of an easy going Gomez fan but that old age for ya 36 next month

Page 3 of 10    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next