SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Mikle V bails Powell Peralta
Page 12 of 21    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Mikle V bails Powell Peralta

Steviecab
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
kirb-slider wrote:
When one has expectations, they are only setting themselves up for disappointment.

Amen to that Richard:)

http://steviecaballero.blogspot.com/
RichSayers
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Bones Brigade the 5-part mini-series coming to the History Channel and Fuel TV in 2013??

That would actually be pretty cool, but not sure if enough viewers would watch to justify the cost/time that would need to be put in for a 10-hour production. Let's see how the doumentary does!

stivason wrote:
Steviecab wrote:
There were many skaters who contributed to the Brigade over the years and to include all their stories in one film, that film would be a 10 hour movie:(

Honestly, I have no problem with a 10 hour movie of this, I'd love it!
acsdata
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
RichSayers wrote:
Bones Brigade the 5-part mini-series coming to the History Channel and Fuel TV in 2013??

That would actually be pretty cool, but not sure if enough viewers would watch to justify the cost/time that would need to be put in for a 10-hour production. Let's see how the doumentary does!

They throw all that other crap on that channel, Larry the Cable Guy, Pawn Shop goons, some dudes picking through a bunch of crap hoarders have collected, at least 10 hours of the Bones Brigade would be actual history.
yoyo
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:15 am Reply with quote
acsdata wrote:
RichSayers wrote:

They throw all that other crap on that channel, Larry the Cable Guy, Pawn Shop goons, some dudes picking through a bunch of crap hoarders have collected, at least 10 hours of the Bones Brigade would be actual history.

Agreed!

I 'know' most of these guys of the Bones Brigade from back in the days, competing at contests with them.
Cab, Mountain, Mc Gill, Rodney, Kevin Harris, Per Welinder...
But it was on a different level than nowadays, where you actually meet people and get to know them.
Like in Freestyle, where I competed most of the times, and even in Street and Half-Pipe; I know that Kevin Harris competed at the Münster Monster Mastership back in the 90's, but we never really got together and talked after the contest.

Last year at the Philly Freestyle Worlds 2010, we hung out together in a restaurant with ALL the other Freestylers, and had a dinner.
Man, that was just great!
Kevin (with his wife), told us some great stories about the 80's and EVERYONE was part of the Freestyle family.
I really don't know in how far you other guys can relate, but we just had a great time, priceless.
It was not like, yeah I know Kevin......it was on a different level, it was NOT about the contest and how you placed and all that stuff, it was so much more on a personal level, a level which I never ever had experienced in the 80's or 90's.
Man, it just felt great!
phaedrusskater
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
If Mike V invested his money wisely and wants to launch a brand that will be a true reflection of what his idea of a company should be, but will be lucky to break even, that would be totally possible.

If however he thinks the new brand he is creating will "blow up" and be a profit making venture, I don't see it.

I can't think of any start up board company that has really made it in today's market. The only new companies that I can think of are offshoots of other brands. Deathwish from Baker. Slave from Zero.

Best of luck to him though. I thought the berrics episodes of him recently were spectacular.
MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
phaedrusskater wrote:
I can't think of any start up board company that has really made it in today's market. The only new companies that I can think of are offshoots of other brands. Deathwish from Baker. Slave from Zero...

Dude, didn't you get the memo? Small is the New Big. "Think Big, Look Small!" Haven't you seen the Smart car commercials...?

"Small" is where it's at in 2012.

Why? Because dudes are tired of supporting rich douchebags that don't skate. Supporting skateboard companies run by actual skaters is hella cooler.

Get with the program, and get in the know.

Don't like Vallely? Support Kirby at Mess, Davo at Skaterbuilt, Niemann at Cockfight, Lew at Fickle, or whoever else floats your boat. But dammit, support a skater for pete's sakes...!!!
jkelly
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
name or no name this is a horrible market to be starting a new brand in.

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
gogomouse1
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
Although I don't doubt that he might have been taken advantage of the first time around with Powell, the fact that he kept going back for more abuse, and then being shocked when it happened, just doesn't wash.

He's got to put his ego aside and face reality- he is a relic, younger skaters don't know or care who he is, so starting his own company won't fly if he thinks his rep will make him successful.

And who would partner with him at this point. That rant was a death warrant for any deals he might have in the future.

The only Valelly decks people want to buy are the ones that say Powell Peralta on them.

Period.
yoyo
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
jkelly wrote:
name or no name this is a horrible market to be starting a new brand in.

Jay

And the money is in soft goods, not skateboard decks!
Ricketts
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
gogomouse1 wrote:

The only Valelly decks people want to buy are the ones that say Powell Peralta on them.

Period.

And of course the World ones.

Ken Park Crystal Ball
Grabke HBT (Purple stain)
Lee American Icons

Page 12 of 21    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next