SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  anyone looking to sponsor
Page 2 of 8    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

anyone looking to sponsor

lightnin'
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I heard there is a guy on ebay that may be looking for a
sponsor. His ebay id is rhmarzetti. You may want to
try and contact him!

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
well if he is looking FOR a sponsor why would i contact him. Also i have tried to get the local shop to sponsor the lady always says no. I dont know why, i think she is just a dumb bitch. And i do travel whenever i get the chance too. I love to go to places beyond here.
-kody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lightnin'
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I meant skater

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
and this guy is on ebay. what is he going to do give you a discount on bidding for his skateboards, well if i can actually find this guy and talk to him i might talk to him. and by the way does this guy happen to be you, just trying to make fun of me.
-kody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
txrocker13
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
You and rhmarzetti already have so much in common
stivason
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
kodywalker wrote:
i have tried to get the local shop to sponsor the lady always says no

Gee I wonder why????

kodywalker wrote:
I dont know why, i think she is just a dumb bitch.
-kody

Ummm maybe its you attitude

stivason
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bfg1971
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:13 am Reply with quote
If you are worthy of sponsorship, it will find you. It takes more than good skating ability to get sponsored. You need to be someone who will represent the company and what it stands for.
kodywalker
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:29 am Reply with quote
well, the people who work in the sports stop in the skate section are losers and druggies. i could be a loser but i aint taken up doing drugs to be sponsored by a shop. Also my attitude isnt usually bad, unless someone really pisses me off. Sorry if i come off like i have a bad attitude but i really dont. Honest to God.
-kody
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote
bfg1971 wrote:
If you are worthy of sponsorship, it will find you. It takes more than good skating ability to get sponsored. You need to be someone who will represent the company and what it stands for.

This is very true.

And before you all start bitching at me for being a self loving beamer....

I've been skating for 12 years. I put an excessive amount of effort into it, not because i have dreams of being tony hawk or some shit, but because I get ALOT of self satisfaction out of learning new stuff, and new stuff that all my friends aren't doing. I know i'm not the best skater ever, i know I'm not even close. I've never actively persued a sponsorship before, BUT, some people have taken notice to what I can do and they've offered to help me out. If it ever seems like I brag about having sponsors, its because i'm simply trying to spread the word about the companies so people will know about them, and hopefully check them out. If you're all sick of me posting photos and videos, don't look at them. I post shit that i'm proud of, and I post pictures of myself wearing tshirts or riding boards of people on this forum who have been VERY kind to hook me up. But as I said, 9 times out of 10, the people have contacted me, and I'm sure they liked me because i'm not up everyone's ass begging for sponsorships.

It's really not the end of the world if you don't have people giving you free shit. I never stressed about it, but when an offer comes my way, my poor ass is gonna take it to ease the stress on my wallet. Just have fun man, let them notice you.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
yes, that is the way i feel. But when you cant afford decks anymore and your parents are behind on rent. You have to beg to skate. We seriously in all honesty, my little brother and i get no christmas presents this year because we are behind $300 on the rent, and my dad is out of work and my mom is a waitress. So that is my reason for having to bed. And i swear to god this is the truth.
-kody

Page 2 of 8    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next