SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  burritos are the perfect food
Page 2 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

burritos are the perfect food

slob-air
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63459 Location: S&B HQ
This thread is making me hungry for real Mexican food. If fact it's making me real hungry, so hungry that I'd knock Eddie-boy out and steal his bag of burrito roaches in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:59 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
@Slob and Eddie Boy
I was kidding with ol' Dushoni...I do love me a good burrito....a good *real* burrito...the kind that looks like a small football taking up almost the entire plate...best I have had are either in San Antonio, San Fran in Mission District, Phoenix in ghetto, or Atlanta at the old Frijilaro's (sp?). The one place in Phoenix I had them was soooo sketchy but so worth it. One of the guys I worked with said "you want *real* Mexican food.....well....I will take you to this place....looks rough but your with me"...he wasn't kidding......place was a shack in the middle of a run down area of town but food was amazing! Oh yeh....and I had to make sure mine was "con pollo" and NOT with beef, shredded pork, cow's tongue or tripe (ick...tripe).

BTW....what's everyone's opinion on the Subway-esque style, over-popular Moe's Southwest Grill and/or Chipotle burritos?...you know...like at Subway, they walk you down a line and "build to order" your burrito. Seems that more and more of them are popping up around the country.

Amorone
angryjazz
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Chipotle's not bad... not at all authentic, either, but not bad. They can really stuff up a tortilla with white cheese and sour cream, that's for sure.

I live in a neighborhood where guys are hawking tamales out of coolers in front of upholstery shops all up and down the street. That stuff's so authentic it still has marks where the Chupacabra took it down.

dex
civilian2b
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
just so everyone knows..Chipolte's is owned by McDonald's

and it looks like they are taking the lead, on having the 'corporate burrito shop' thing going...

if i'm going to eat some *real* mexican food, i look for a place that doesn't have white people eating there
The Green Monkey
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
I'd like to add Qdoba to the list of McBurritos. Any burrito place where the white high school kid behind the counter warns you about how hot the "nuclear" sauce is is a fucking joke. Any place with "nuclear" sauce on the menu should be nuked.

Fuck 'em in the beans.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote
If you're ever in South OC, CA, hit Las Golandrinas. Carne Asada or Carnitas burrito, The best ever! Been going there since '88. On the Central Coast, I gotta go with Chillie Pepper's followed by Tio Alberto's. Freebird in Isla Vista/Santa Barbara. Definitely can't get real Mexican food from someone with English as a first language.

On the unauthentic side, Baja Fresh is not bad. Good salsa bar.
BigPapaSD
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
slob-air is right on! SD has the best Mex. food around. Taco stands on every block, some open 24/7 or until 2-3a.m. You can always get your grub on!
slob-air
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63459 Location: S&B HQ
After having been subjected to crap at Taco Bell and other places around Cali last year (due to having to go wherever the van went ) I'm surprised there hasn't been a revolt of some kind. That stuff is crap! Burn 'em to the ground!

We did stop at one place in San Diego, a run-down shack, really, and not the cleanest kitchen from the looks of it, and the employees barely spoke english, but it was the best damn mexican food I'd had in years.

There was another great shack-like place just off Century City Blvd, a couple miles east of the La Renia Sheriton --rough neighborhood for a couple whiteys in a shiney white convertable, but it was well worth it. Now that was a burrito!! And it was like the size of a small roast!!

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
yea, i've noticed the bet burritos are served in a place with few white people...
BigPapaSD
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Anything that has bertos in the name are always good, Robertos, Gilbertos, Roybertos, Umbertos, Albertos, you get the idea.

Page 2 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next