SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Graffiti decks, good idea or not?
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Graffiti decks, good idea or not?

oasis
Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I remember this guy who would come to the skatepark and take orders from kids to make custom decks. He bought uncut blanks ($10-15) which he would cut to w/e size you wanted than he would airbrush or spraypaint custom graphics. I think he sold them for 45-50.

I personally didn't like the guy because he was taking business away from me and the shop/park but I guess it was a good idea. He woulnd't even do grafitti. I bet kids would be stoked on that.

I would say order 10-20 blanks and do that. And if it ends up that you can't keep up with the demand start screen printing some. You could get blanks for probably as low as $13.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Christian
Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:06 pm Reply with quote
ryke, i like your style a lot. i would be down to work out a few ideas with you for some custom decks. email me, and we'll talk.
RYKE1
Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2004-05-31 17:32, oasis wrote:
I remember this guy who would come to the skatepark and take orders from kids to make custom decks. He bought uncut blanks ($10-15) which he would cut to w/e size you wanted than he would airbrush or spraypaint custom graphics. I think he sold them for 45-50.

I personally didn't like the guy because he was taking business away from me and the shop/park but I guess it was a good idea. He woulnd't even do grafitti. I bet kids would be stoked on that.

I would say order 10-20 blanks and do that. And if it ends up that you can't keep up with the demand start screen printing some. You could get blanks for probably as low as $13.

Where can I get blanks that cheap? Also what Is the most popular size deck? Thanks for your help guys........ BTW, If You want you can checkout some of my stuff up for sale right now, heres the link;
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...-1&sort=3&rows=50

[ This Message was edited by: RYKE1 on 2004-05-31 19:27 ]
oasis
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quote
Pennswoods, Mimic. Just do a google search on wholesale blank decks or go to SkateboardDirectory.com and look under wholesale.

Just talk to the guys and barter as low as you can. Don't pay more than $17/blank or you got jacked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RYKE1
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks Oasis......
Gusto
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
pennswood makes super nice decks. i HIGHLY recommend them. screenprints are top notch as well from them.

about graff decks...

i think its not something that would go over too well sales-wise here...but theres definately a niche out there for it if you do them nice.

handpainted will sell much better as original peices vs. screened...

your call. itll really come down to your funding as to what you can do.
RYKE1
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:23 am Reply with quote
Hey Gusto, What do you think I should get on an average for a custom deck? From the shops, and straight to a customer? Thanks.
Gusto
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:32 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
custom handpainted or screened???

if they look as good as your canvases..50+ or whatever you charge usually for a canvas.

if youre doing screened from pennswood then 35(45 tops) they do all the legwork after you get them your image and decks are hard to sell if they cost much more than that unless it says world industries in there somewhere. that is assuming you arent doing custom for a company or something in which case youd charge for your artwork only and they would handle the board/graphics process of it.

trading is also a good way to get things around here. but liek i said, your target market is much larger on ebay or consigning your decks in local shops.

and going with pennswood will concrete the fact your boards wont be shit wood or graphics.
brett
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:18 am Reply with quote
hey bro

id realy like to talk to u more about all this.....
can u email me or post your email addy so that we can chat some more please......

i do web design as well
RYKE1
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:47 am Reply with quote
Anyone want to contact me, e-mail at
[email protected]

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next