SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  new snowboard
Page 1 of 1    

new snowboard

willieleon
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:59 am Reply with quote
Think I am going to break down and get a new board this year, replace the burton asymetrical I got in 92'. Been so long since I got a board I need some help. I mostly freeride, don't jump much anymore, and want a responsive board, eg turn when I want it to.

Also, what type of binding system should I go for? I currently still use strap in and wear my sorrells (ya, I'm old school, baby ). Are the click ins any good, or is it better to stick with the strap ins?
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:35 pm Reply with quote
depends on budget.

saying money is not an object. Salomon (whatever the current freeride model) with the Burton Mission Dark bindings (gel straps are sweet)

I have ridden a few Salomon boards and for all mountain riding, high speed stabilty, strong edge holding, they are hard to beat. Tough for sure, I have had the same Salomon rock board for the last 2 seasons and I am going to use it again this year. I like the softboots and strap bindings. I am sure whatever you get will be a bit of a step up from the sorels. I remember riding in Sorels at Mt. High and Baldy when I was a kid...sweet.

my 2cents

[ This Message was edited by: Upland_Yo on 2003-10-03 08:39 ]
willieleon
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Baldy- The best place in socal- on the right day that is.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:41 pm Reply with quote
word
ukoldschool
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah - Salomons ride good. I had one a few seasons ago and it was nice and stiff (but in the right way). Im diggin my Forum, its def the best board ive ever ridden, but I guess they all advance these days. I like the easy adjustable footplates it has instead of traditionalholes - means I can switch the front foot for powder quick, or change to a duck for the park in a jiffy.

J.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:11 am Reply with quote
I know Salomon makes boards with different amount of flex. The couple I have ridden are pretty stiff and are all mountain rippers. I swear you can just plow through anything and it feels smooth and exact. I don't use mine very much because it's too stiff for my everyday style(jibby/spinny). If I was just into hauling ass, smooth turns, occasional jumping, and wanted stability, I would ride a Salomon all the time. I have smacked many a rock with my Salomon and it takes the abuse.

[ This Message was edited by: Upland_Yo on 2003-10-09 09:12 ]

Page 1 of 1