SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  How to manufacture skateboard decks
Page 1 of 1    

How to manufacture skateboard decks

ripple
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I a interrested in manufacturing skateboard decks. Can anyone guide me in the right direction as to where to start and what I need to start? I've done alot of research on the internet but find next to no information on where to start.

Thanks
annexskateboards.com
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:19 pm Reply with quote
here is a great short video on how to make the skateboard deck! http://www.boardpass.com/riotlounge/b...oardlarge.htmlyou will have to download it but it is worth it it will teach you a lot! i sure there will be other questions you will have like where to get a press or how to make one or something and where to get wood well you can look around on this forum page or check out: http://www.roarockit.com

good luck! Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ohio
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:46 am Reply with quote
well i stumbled on another tour. this one is of the woodchuck laminates factory. you have to go to the Premium skateboards website and take the tour. There is no video but pics and you will see how they are cut with the upsidedown router using a already cut board as a model that rides along the bearing.also you see them using a laminate trimmer to route the edges.
also you can see someother stuff check it out.
Scottay
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I would start by purchasing some quality un-cuts and doing a little experimentation. Make sure you have the propper tools and such. If you need some quality wood, shoot me a message.

Regards,
Scott
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Scottay, how much do you charge for uncuts? Do you offer them in different colours?
Scottay
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Jay,

Un-cuts would be around $12.
Scottay
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Ripple,

Man, you need some tall cash to set it up correct. At what stage in the game are you at? Do you already have your own board company screening your own graphics?
Do you have a bunch of current business?
If not, you better get in to a boat load of accounts selling some quality wood or you will get screwed. It takes alot of experimentation and cash to get it right. The first time you sell somebody some crap wood will be the last time you sell them wood period.
Let me know if you need some help or advice and maybe I can help you out, or atleast point you in the right direction.

Regards,
Scott
DunnDiego
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what the catalyst that is added to the glue is made of? Is it added to regular wood glue? How important is it to the structural integrity of the board?

Page 1 of 1