SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Distros or Direct?
Page 1 of 1    

Distros or Direct?

TCBSK8
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 23 May 2003 Posts: 1211 Location: Tupelo, Mississippi
Who do you shop-owners deal with more - Distros like Eastern, Southshore, et. or direct from the companies themselves?

I've done a ton of both with my shops in the past, but have been relying solely on Distros this go-round. Only because of the on-line ordering at 3am, really. It came back to bite me though when I needed schwag donations for contests and skatepark fundraising.
Pool-Skater
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:18 pm Reply with quote
We're brand new ( we launch this Friday -- http://www.milehighskates.com/catalog ), so we don't have a ton of experience with distros or going direct. That said, we've had great experiences with RAX and Select (aka, Vision). They had almost everything we needed, the prices were good, and they delivered pretty quickly. Also had really good dealings with Tracker and Conspiracy (local company). RAX's online ordering is killer, BTW.
oldskoolrulz
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:44 pm Reply with quote
i deal with one distro and ALOT of directs, but i carry softgoods also, shoes being a big part of my pro shop business. south shore works great for me for a majority of my sk8 needs, the online ordering is great and i get the product in 2 days, no problems so far. but i still buy direct from dna, giant, etc. because like you said they will be the ones to come thru for you in regards to event freebies...
hanger18
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:14 am Reply with quote
Go direct whenever possible, Distributors will sell to ANYONE, no matter if they are right next door. At least you have a chance at building some loyalties with a company direct. Its also better to get team kids hooked up, demos, autograph signings if the companies know who you are...

Page 1 of 1