SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Philly 11/1-11/7
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Philly 11/1-11/7

PAWN
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quote
rak5877 wrote:
if you're gonna hit FDR get there EARLY and if you can do it mid-week, even better. it crowds up fast with shit-talking paperboys who never drop in crowding the deck.

be chill though, (overly?) intense local vibe. but they built it, so they earned it.

if you're lookin to move in the area, south jersey might be cheaper.
fuck em, local vibe is all over philly, I don't think it's necessarily there. People always said the same about Love park, and I never saw it...perhaps I was too close to it. Philly is a chill place as long as you're a chill person.

So. Jers might be cheaper to buy, but not to live. Can't pump your own gase, have to pay the toll to enter PA., taxes are higher, property taxes are higher, it's not the same as it was 10 years ago.

www.fine-co.com buy some shit!
cmainiac666
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
TROLL Joined: 26 Jul 2007 Posts: 5745 Location: ether
yeah- I planned on getting there early for 2 reasons: wife's conference starts at like 8 AM, and 2, I'm just carving and throwing out some grinds and don't feel like getting the local hassle.

Heading to portland too for thanksgiving, so I'll be doing the same with Burnside....now that;s a local vibe.
sackupordie
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
not true...philly vibe is chill....I should know since I hit FDR pretty often, but not as often as I'd like with a family now. Yeah, sessions get heated with as many as 5-10 sk8ers all over the different sections, but if you know what ur doing, no worries. It is gnar, not for the meek.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2