SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  refurb question (i know, i know)
Page 1 of 1    

refurb question (i know, i know)

sidewalk surfur
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:34 am Reply with quote
ok gentlemen, I know this topic has been discussed before, and i know there is a brief discussion on aos about it, However, I am trying to find out if any of you hooligans have a new or better approach to removing paint/spraypaint from a board. I just picked up a knox ghoul BIN pretty cheap and need to get rid of some paint on the bottom. I've tried the razor approach and that works ok (if i have to do the whole thing like that i will), but I was just wondering if anyone has been successful with a similar problem recently? Thanks in advance for any ideas.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:27 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
The razor worked best for me while cleaning paint off of the graphics, and if there aren't graphics underneath, just sand it off and leave the wood bare.

Check my www link below, and look at the different Grosso resto albums. The white one had black spray paint on the graphics, and the purple one had green spray paint around the edges of the board.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:32 am Reply with quote
Thanks monkey! I worked at it most of this weekend and managed to get most of the paint off. I found that if you use just a bit of goo gone in combo with the razoring it softens the paint up enough to come off a little easier. (but ya gotta be real careful not to leave the goo gone on too long, just long enough to soften up the paint some) Just FYI. Anyway, it looks way better than it did so i'm stoked.

Page 1 of 1