SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  If I were going to design a skatepark...
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

If I were going to design a skatepark...

maseru-man
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 Posts: 493 Location: Massachusetts - USA
jraboin wrote:
My feeling is that anything over ten feet should only be built ...

Do you mean 10 feet deep should be built with concrete as opposed to out of wood?

m-m
jraboin
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Park should always be built out of concrete if it is a public park.

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I am with you on the bathroom situation, around here its constant trips for the ladies to the Tim Hortons and to the bushes for us guys. I agree that there should be a learning area, but there should also be big stuff to graduate to. Oh, and waterfalls suck, we have one here and I try to ride high on the walls to avoid it at all costs. I understand the need for it, but could do without it.
maseru-man
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 Posts: 493 Location: Massachusetts - USA
thugfrm87 wrote:
I am with you on the bathroom situation, around here its constant trips for the ladies to the Tim Hortons and to the bushes for us guys.

maseru-man wrote:
If you get mom's on board supporting a place - you're golden. Lose them...and you drastically undermine your chances for a powerful support base!

thugfrm87 wrote:
I agree that there should be a learning area, but there should also be big stuff to graduate to.

Agreed! Check out this article and this guys vision for what a park should offer:

Highlands hills ideal skate site

Monmouth County has produced its fair share of great athletes on the fields and courts. The time has come for Monmouth County to expand into the arena of extreme sports, which have become increasingly popular worldwide. Who knows? Monmouth County could produce the next Shaun White,Olympic gold medal champion of snowboarding and X-Game Gold Skateboarding.

That sort of perspective takes a park way beyond getting kids to stop grinding the steps of city hall or out of downtown OR providing a "safe" place to skate. It sets the bar higher on what a park can contribute to the community.

m-m

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3